There's a part in Fade to Black solo where you find this lick:

|------7--------7--------7----------|
|--------10p7-----10p7-----10p7---7-|
|--9b---------9b-------9b-------9b--|
|-----------------------------------|

I bend the third string in the ninth fret with my middle and ring fingers and then proceed to play the first string at the seventh fret with my index finger. Finally the pinky is placed at the tenth fret, the note is played and a pull-off is done while the index finger is placed at the seventh fret.

Hope it's clear. Am I playing it correctly or not? A friend told me I could barre the first and second strings' seventh fret instead (using the index finger).

Then here comes another lick:

--15p12----12-15p12-14p12----12-15p12-14p12----12-|
--------12----------------12----------------12----|
--------------------------------------------------|

I play that by barring the twelveth fret with my index finger and doing pull-offs with my ring finger.

Am I doing that ok? I just started playing guitar since May and my brother (owner of this account) can't help me because he is out of town.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Um.. I'm talking about the outro solo... not the intro. :/
Quote by americnidiot

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
oo haha ok my bad... i asumed u were talking about intro casue someone thats only been playing as long as u have probably couldnt play that ending solo
It doesn't matter if you're playing it "right." There's no "correct" way to play guitar. If it works for you and it sounds good, then go for it. Don't worry about what other people say it the "right" way to do things. Of course, there is such thing as good technique and bad technique, but the only difference between the two is that one works efficiently and the other does not.
So just find out what works best for you and keep working at it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
ok thanks
Quote by americnidiot

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!