Page 1 of 2
self explainatory, if you know how to make some sort of weird or bizarre noise on guitar, post what it is and how to do it here.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
use a magnet as a pick
i would build a purple moose just for her...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination
what sort of noise does the magnet make?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
I'm pretty sure there's something with remote controls and cell phones but I have no clue what it is
get a ring, and slide it own the strings. it kind of sounds like a bird if you do it right.
Quote by ferretman
Sometimes I pull down my pants and play slap bass with my schlong. So I guess thats pretty important as well.
not sure how to explain it. i hit the string with it right at the bridge really fast and it sounds cool. try it out, use some delay effects too

(\__/)
I hit the body and strings like a drum, not sure if thats anything new though. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
the horse whinney thing. basicaly hit any note bend it and "flicker" the floyd rose
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
and everyone from now on who posts a noise, please explain how to make it and what it sounds like
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
I just turn on all my effects, add some wah and some heavy delay and whammy.

You can make some ****ed up sounds.
Use you whammy til it touches the strings and use the bar to go up and down the strings and use your other hand to mute the strings. If you do it right it makes this sound that comes form an old atari game or something like that
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
use a drinking glass with a hard angle on it. it's kind of like a slide, but more precise control
get a 9v battery and touch you guitar strings with it and tell me what happens.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
i never thought of a 9v battery. that would sound cool

(\__/)
http://www.guitarshredshow.com/
press the enter button then go to the mountain of the tapping dwarves and press the numbers on your keyboard and gives u a buncha crazy noises. and also the numbers on the keyboard give u insanely sweet licks.its nuts
someone earlier in the thread asked about using a remote, just point it at the pickups and hold down a button, which makes a bizarre buzzing sound. If you wave it back and forth and add some effects you can make some crazy noises
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
I can top ALL OF THEM so far.

Max Delay, then smack all the strings in an even pace. It sounds like an army marching. So awesome. Now I just need to write a song that I can use it in...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Im a big fan of the "Turn on all the effects, Then play pinch harmonics and tremolo pick" school of wierd noises.
Ive got a vox with reverb running through a DS1, Then a crybaby from hell, next a boss phaser, A boss flanger, a danelectro chorus, A boss delay, then a danelectro echo, into a behringer combo I use as a cabinet pretty much, on that I add really fast vibrato.
It sounds alot like a bird, but it does all sorts of crazy stuff when you manipulate the effects pedals, and it sustains pretty much forever. When you mix that with feedback it sounds like a jet engine.
Sometimes I turn all the pedal knobs to ten, and it goes so fast it just makes a totally new tone, This synthy electronic sound. Its actually pretty cool.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by reb_49
get a 9v battery and touch you guitar strings with it and tell me what happens.

the battery thing doesn't work, i just tried it
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
I turn on my SNES and play a solo to some megaman-stuff :p
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
cycon , that's not really a weird noise, its just a weird thing to play
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Pick the strings behind the TOM, while muting them. I'm pretty sure everyone's will make a different sound or melody (Due to intonating-shizzle), but it's very entertaining to play around with. (Tip: Delay!)
figure i'll post this- take out your guitar cable and put the tip inbetween the two strings, when it touches the strings it will make feedback, but rock it back and forth and add wah and you can make some dj-type scratchy sound
WARNING- if you do this excessively it WILL damage your amp's speaker
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Quote by Xenn99

Max Delay, then smack all the strings in an even pace. It sounds like an army marching. So awesome. Now I just need to write a song that I can use it in...

^Waiting for the Worms from The Wall^
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Quote by shredmeiser101
someone earlier in the thread asked about using a remote, just point it at the pickups and hold down a button, which makes a bizarre buzzing sound. If you wave it back and forth and add some effects you can make some crazy noises

Whoa thats sick!
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
I can make a march band drum sound like in Welcome to the black parade by MCR bending the 3rd string towards the 4th string n pluck the 4th string continuously
all you really need is a trem and a wah pedal
just take and use a clean setting on your amp and turn it up all the way
then situate your guitar where it feeds back
then take and play with the feedback with the trem and wah

and you can also get really cool sounds out of an ebow..
use a zippo as a slide, only use it to attack the strings as well, you can get cool sounding stuff that way.

put something with a running electric motor next to the pickups (drills, fans, electric toothbrushes etc.)

use a drum stick like a violin bow agains the strings, or use it to strike the strings.

use a dremel tool with a sandpaper bit on the strings (this will weaken and break the strings of course but it sounds cool as hell)

use a chorus pedal, turn the rate and depth to max and put your guitar close to the amp, the feedback from this sounds really cool.

scream into your pickups (this only works on certain pickups)

i know some others im sure, but i cant think of them at the moment.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Play paul gilbert's drill song. It's pretty self explanatory what he uses on his guitar.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
Quote by bTOMd
http://www.guitarshredshow.com/
press the enter button then go to the mountain of the tapping dwarves and press the numbers on your keyboard and gives u a buncha crazy noises. and also the numbers on the keyboard give u insanely sweet licks.its nuts

I doubt anyone actually finished learning those stuff dammit
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Xenn99

use it at the intro of a song and then come in with a heavy riff

like ratm's revolver
LIVE
2008 Fender Baja Telecaster (Good guitar buy one)
1979 Fender Stratocaster
1993 Fender Duo-Sonic
Peavey Studio Pro
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Quote by pollodiablo
not sure how to explain it. i hit the string with it right at the bridge really fast and it sounds cool. try it out, use some delay effects too

I do that too
wuts a wristuago?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Page 1 of 2