how do you get a good sounding pick slide? as in what strings do you push the pick down the strings touch the frets or what? im obsessed with playing panama and even though there is only one pick slide it pisses me off.thnx
use the back edge of the pick (opposite of the side you pick with) on the 5th and 6th strings above the 12th fret (anywhere works, but i find it easiest there) move fast for high sounds, slow for low. that's it.
I just use the side of my pick facing my wrist, arch my wrist, and scratch it towards the headstock starting just after my bridge pickup. As for which frets you press down, I just play it open. No matter where I fret, it doesn't change the sound for me.
i play it around the bridge...but if you use a heavy pick, like a 1mm, it wont sound as good as a meduim or thin.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
that pry explains it i use 1.5's but like what abuot steve vai who does that thing with his hand and picks is that only cuz he has like amazing equipment or wat
idk what it is...but whatever it is, its b/c hes just that damn good..

and btw..do you think vai is gay? his guitars and clothes are what made me think that.
either that or hes mucho metro
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt