ok i went out and bought some new picks today. i used to use medium dunlops (whatever guage they are) but today i bought some 1mm 2mm and 3mm. i usually play metal and stuff but my question is this are these picks too thick? i was having problems with my old (the medium) picks flexing too much.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Get the Dunlop Jazz III picks. They are very strong and hard, small, and have sharp points. Great for shredding and metal. I just got a pack yesterday and I love them!
dunlop gators grip own you cant go wrong with um its like 3 bucks to order a pack of 10 er so from musicians friend and they got all kinds of sizes up to 2.0 wich i got btw there great if you like um kinda thick
I prefer a medium pick because heavy ones get caught up on strings when I try to play anything fast.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
i like the little pointy jazz picks, great for speed when your shredding, my teacher also says that they build control, w/e they kick ass
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
are there any good picks that can go both ways, like from playing solos and shredding to playing chords without having to switch picks or something
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
its ll down to personal prefernce really. Though you do get more bite out of the strings with thicker picks
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
lol does anyone use thin picks? my friends use really thin ones and i keep telling them to get thicker ones, but they wont listen
Tortex Jazz picks (the itty bitty green ones) are damn good and give me great accuracy.
My Gear
Dean Dime CFH
Fender Metal Head/ MH412 Cab
ESP-F250
Fender standard strat (chopper in bridge/hotrails in neck.)
Epi Les Paul
Epi Wildkat
1986 yamaha (looks a lot like a RG)
Bc Rich Beast platinum pro (custom flame)
Bad Horsie wah
Quote by Teleprompters
the thick picks are great for playing individual notes but suck IMO for playing any chords, i use the yellow .73 dunlop wutevers that are the normal shape, i forgot the name

these ones?

if so, then yeah - i use the same ones. i used to play with 3mm two years ago or so but this is what i use now. besides, how can you strum a chord with a 2mm pick?
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
I personally like Big Stubby's, when I first saw one at a store I just thought I'd get one and maybe try it out and never ended up using it untill it was the only pick in my bag, and since than I just love using really thick picks, theres something about them. It's all preference.
well i got some of those stubby 2mm picks by dunlop and i can strum chords ok but i keep having problems with accidentally doing harmonics when i dont mean too. usually they sound pretty cool when they happen but they happen alot. is that something i should get used to when using thick picks??
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Jim Dunlop Tortex 1.14 mm !!! I love them ! perfect for both fast solos and hard power accords
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!