I have a Randall RG200G2 amp that sounds great. The only problem is that when I plug it into my band's PA system through the line out, it sounds kind of like tinny and I'm not sure how to describe it but it sounds like CRAP! I noticed it also sounds the same way when I plug in headphones.
Is there anything I can tweak on the mixer that will help this, or am I stuck with this crappy sound?
Yeah, your much better of getting a good mic and use that to put your amp through the PA
Its always happy here
Quote by jstoeffler
can it just be a regular mic that we use for vocals?

Look into a dynamic mic, if that doesn't work then look at instrument mics specifically. I'd advise a Shure SM 57.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
THe reason why it sounds tinny is because theres no speaker to color the sound...so your sending just a signal to the board. If its a SPEAKER IMULATED (sp?) line out then it will sound fine...but mic'ing it is the easiest way.
the sm57 instrument mic runs about $90.

like said thats how itll sound best. u might want to get a boom stand of some sort. u need to move it around, find the speaker's sweet spot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

like said thats how itll sound best. u might want to get a boom stand of some sort. u need to move it around, find the speaker's sweet spot.

I just hang my mic over the top of the cab and let it rest on the grill. you'll more then likely get the best all around sound either right in the middle of the speaker or just slightly off-centered. If you go towards the outside of the cone itll get really mooshy and bassy.
nothing beats a 57 slightly off center a couple inches off, that is, until I decide I like some different position. It changes weekly.
^ i put a sock over my 57's when I mic my cabs...idk why, i forgot why i did it in the first place...but it looks cool i guess idk...

[edit] nvm i remember...it makes the sound a little bit more smooth.