Ok so my guitar is really messed up..Ive abused it wayy too much.So i was looking these two..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-EC50-Electric-Guitar?sku=516672

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC100QM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516637

Before that i was looking at them on the esp website and their specs were the same.So Is the extra 80 bucks just for the seethrough blackcherry paintjob on the 2nd guitar?

Also my current setup is an ibanez starter pack that actually has a really good metal sound.For people that have the esp,should i have no problem getting a heavy sound out of it
if your lookin to play metal id get prefer an ibanez rg cause you can get hem for around the same price the come wiht a tremelo, they look cooler and the neck on them is so flat, smooth and easy to play
well how much money are you planning on spending....those esp's are no betten than what you have probably. agathis is a fancy word for plywood, im pretty sure, and most starter guitar are plywood. same for the bolt on necks. youre not gonna get much better quality for that price though. i suggest saving up for maybe this esp, it plays amazing...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516660

its got a great sound, i personnally like the SG style shape, but the actual gibson sg is too thin, so this is better if you like fatter bodies.

esp's are metal guitars, especially when they come equipped with EMG actice humbuckers.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
My buget is whatever i can save up..I dontt really want to spend alot of money becuase im not upgrading.I just need a new guitar because mine hase been thrown around too much and slammed toomuch im surprised it still plays.
First: Take better care of your guitars please!!!!!!!!!!! It kills me to hear that handling of one
Second 300$ u can get a schecter omen 6, a guitar u will never forget
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
If you want an ESP, dish out the cash for an LTD 400 at the MINIMUM. Below that they're made of agathis, which is a cheap, poor sounding wood.

Also, take better care of your guitars. Just because you play metal doesn't mean you should trash your gear.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i think he just wants a cheap guitar to get him through until he can buy a good one again..corerect?

id say the Epiphone Les Paul Special...lasted me a year...the frets are shot though....its got a nice small neck, but like really small frets.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Washburn WI14 then. Best guitar under $300 I've played. (and it's only $150).
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar