aight, heres my deal. i got a schecter omen6, my first guitar and ive been playing for nearly a year, and i must say that i beleive that i am pretty damn good from the small amount of experience i have. the current amp im usin is my brothers cheap KUSTOM amp that sounds like crap. anyways, my b-day is cumin up soon and i would like to put the money towards furthering my progress. if im lucky i can savage 200 bucks out of it, i know thats not enough to do anything, but getting 20 bucks a week for lawn cuts should fend off my need of cash until a job is obtained. i plan on getting a c-1 hellraiser (near 700 bucks), and a peavey 6505 head & cab which'll run anywhere from 1000 to 2000 bucks. ive sat back and allowed all this to sink into my brain, and the question at hand is, is this really worth the time and money that i will have to put into making my sound so much better? input is greatly appreciated
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
and why the **** doesnt anybody ever post on my **** unless it has to do with drugs, naked women, or just plain bull ****? so much for being, nice
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
^ how about you chill out? a simple "bump" would have sufficed.

sheesh.

ok, how about you go used. you can easily get a peavey 5150 combo for under $600 on ebay. i've been seeing some go for as low as $400, even $350 once.

so that should save you a lot of buck.

guitar wise, i'm a little less knowledgable but i know the hell raiser has sh*tty pick ups.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Do you really think that you need a half stack when you've been playing for less than a year, and why would you buy another moderate guitar? Schecter's are ok, I'm not a huge fan, but they're pretty good, so why would you invest 700$ on another average guitar. It'd be much more worth it to keep playing until you've played for atleast a year or two and then buy a nice guitar, Fender Deluxe Stratocater/Telecaster, Gibson SG Standard, or other guitars in the 800-1200$ Range. One of them would be much more worth it than two moderately priced Schecters, in my opinion.

On the amp question, do you play in a band? In a succesful bands with fairly large gigs? Because if not, you don't need a 4x12 Peavey, nice 1x12 or 2x12 tube amps are probably louder, cheaper, and sound better. Fender Deluxe Reverb - 800 new, Fender Twin Reverb - 1100 New, or get a nice all tube amp off eBay, Mesa Boogie 1x12s and Fender 1x12s would be a much better investment.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

why does everybody put down the f'in half stacks, there is nothing wrong with them
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Get a combo, half stack is just for looks, if you're gonna play a gig that needs a half stack, they'll just mike you up, so combos all the way. And an 100 watt combo is heaps, I prefer 30 watt combos. CLASS A AMPS ROCK.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
well ok i can see where ur coming from, but would the 6505 combo still be the way to go?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
^
we don't put them down, we just know what they're good for.
i love half stacks, they have their place.

but seriously, you can save ALOT, especially on the 5150, if you get the combo. it's the same damn thing but cheaper (used).

the reason we're suggesting combos?

a) cheaper and essentially the same sound
b) esier to cary around
c) lower wattage will be esier to get the power tubes going at lower volumes

you asked for advice, and we gave you advice. if you were just going to be a douche and insult us for giving you our opinions then i shoudln't be wasting my time.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^Well I don't think he would be playing big gigs if he was playing for "about a year".

Quote by shadowsoldier08
and why the **** doesnt anybody ever post on my **** unless it has to do with drugs, naked women, or just plain bull ****? so much for being, nice

Did you stop to think that it's only been 15 minutes?
ok i still didnt mean to insult u guys, i was just pissed at the moment cuz nobody ever friggin posts on my threads. and anyways i did ask for advice yes, but dont just say "oh that sux, get this one insted" u gotta explain why cuz if u didnt know, 1 year, no matter how good i may think i am is still considered nub.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
we didn't take that long, i clicked this thread when i saw it. CHILL.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

the 5150 or 6505 combos the way to go if you're into metal or hardcore, for versatility go for the jsx combo.
Quote by Half_Full

My Gear:
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
aight, that was easy, but now for the guitar, i still have no idea what to get. i wanted the hellraiser cuz it looks nice, and the emg pickups should be pretty killer. prolly the only reason i woldnt get a fender/gibson is cuz i was led to beleive that they are more generally associated with a brighter, cleaner sound than that of heavy metal. so now what?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Yea, the neck is a bit thick, but if ya got big hands it'll be fine. Have you tried michael kelly guitars?
Quote by Half_Full

My Gear:
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Schecters usually tend to have slow necks....but if you have big hands like these other people say. it should work out...

Luckily for me and my small hands, the S-1 Elite neck is smaller than most necks .

Maybe Ibanez?