Hey, both are class A amp, the vox is a couple hundred more than the laney. I prefer a Class A amp coz they sound better than class A/B amps. But what would be a better investment, i love the sound of both.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
A doesnt sound particularly better than AB its just louder

Pick the one you like theyre both good amps. i dont think you'll be dissapointed either way you go
I've actually played them both, and the Vox wins, it's got amazingly shiny, gorgeous full bodied cleans, and the top boost channel sounds really nice, and will sound god-like when cranked, and there's a hell of a lot of tone options aswell (stuff on the back, blending channels, different reverb types)

While the Laney has nice cleans, not as good as the Vox, but the overdrive channel is really nice when cranked, sounds gorgeous, but you won't get that much gain out of it by itself.

The only good way you'll decide is to try them out though.

What sounds are you looking for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I play stuff like sabbath and maiden. Id prefer to have a warm clean, but can be bright if i wanted to. I read there were more EQ knobs at the back, but the fag at the store wouldn't let me look and touch behind it. I really like the 1x12 (celestion neodog), or should i save up for the 2x12 with the celestion alnico blues. I've played both and i love both. But the 2x12 with blues is so much more expensive, or should i go for the 2x12 with vox speakers. This is probably going to be my last amp for a while , so what's gonna be a better investment?
Quote by Half_Full

My Gear:
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Hmm, when you played the amps, did they sound good for the stlyes you wanted to play? Because the Maiden and Sabbath are quite heavy, so you'd need an overdrive along with the Vox's top boost channel.

And the vox speakers should be fine, compare the 2 Vox's if you can (one with the blues, and one with the Vox speakers).

And 2x12 Vox's are a lot more classy, and sound fuller then the single speaker versions, but it's up to you.
Don't be afraid to care"

The top boost channel was good enough for rythm, but im gonna get a boss sd-1 with it, so problem solved. I'l probably get the 2x12 with voz speakers since they're cheaper. Gotta compare but the shop only had the one with celestions.
Quote by Half_Full

My Gear:
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
^Well good luck with it all, they're great amps
Don't be afraid to care"

no matter how many times i trythe vc series, i always love them. best amp under £200 with ease IMO,
I own the Vox AC30 212 with the Vox speakers and I would highly recommend it, there isn't anything I don't love about it.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
^ yeah but the AC30 acts like a class A amp...i read that somewhere

I love the Vox AC30 too (im getting one) but its not for metal...i would try somthing else (you could probably find a lot of other amps to better suit your style
Yeah the Vox is just a really hotly biased Class A/B amp. If you want Sabbath you can do it just fine as long as you have a good pair of humbuckers and MAYBE a boost if you don't want to drive the amp all the way full. Its a really special amp and its even more special in 2x12 configuration.
Quote by godofshred
no matter how many times i trythe vc series, i always love them. best amp under £200 with ease IMO,

£200?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yes!
vc15. £200 over here if you have a go i had a guy giving me one for 175 with a tiny tolex nick!
^You take it?
Don't be afraid to care"

^^ ah, I've only seen them for £250.

I'm talking new, by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?