Why doesn't anyone ever try to mix pickups other than open hum and single coil? I was thinking of taking out my neck pickup and replacing it with an active EMG 85, but I'm not good with customizing and don't know how they'll interact. Does anyone think this would be a good combo, or should I just put double EMG's?
Dickless.
today... i my boss showed me a bass that he had custom made by carvin years ago, and it has active electronics, but pulling out the master volume pot switched them to passive for a greater range of tones, and incase the battery died.
You don't usually mix because you can't (I don't think so) be overly sure if it'll be good. So you're better off going with what you know.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by freedumb
today... i my boss showed me a bass that he had custom made by carvin years ago, and it has active electronics, but pulling out the master volume pot switched them to passive for a greater range of tones, and incase the battery died.

heh, My cort does that, and it's < year old, and factory made
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
C4

Quote by metaldud536

ah nice, i own a performer series. cort seems to have no info about it. btw you part of the cort forums
Quote by freedumb

That's a great idea for some one who has an active bass and uses tesco value batteries- like me!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
One of my teachers has a guitar with a Steve Morse in the neck and the 81 in the bridge.

Thing is, they have a huge output difference: (EMG > Steve Morse)
81 and 85 would be good but its not very versatile. Thats why I went for an 81 and 60.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by eddiehimself
That's a great idea for some one who has an active bass and uses tesco value batteries- like me!

i don't trust any cheap batteries with my basses. you really should just fork out and buy a nice handful of duracells or something. last forever

Quote by metaldud536

Ok fine then. I suppose it's only my dad's money being spent!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
active + active = good
inactive +inactive = good
active +inactive = bad (theres a way to do it)

someone on this forum has a sg with one emg pickup and one gibson pickup.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Aren't active pickups really high output?

Because it'd then be difficult to match it with an aquivalent passive pickup...
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Teleprompters
ya, but only good for metal^

bull **** dude

teh 85 has a great blues tone when you roll off the treble

and pesroanllay- id go 85/60, sounds much better imo- the 85 will handle any metal you put it through- and the 60 will do quite well also- but in the clean section your guitar will shine as well
Last edited by tongue untied at Jul 3, 2006,