I have an Epi les pail black beauty with 3 pickups and am gonna put some seymours in the bridge and neck but i want a humbucker in the middle thats really good for clean playing. Any ideas?
go on www.seymourduncan.com and take a look at their clean pickups.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
duncan pickups in an epi/gibson setup? never really heard of that.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Quote by deportivo
duncan pickups in an epi/gibson setup? never really heard of that.

You have never heard of seymours in a les paul? Slash does it for one...also why not anyway? Its a guitar...
i dont know, i've just never seen it done. i've seen people either stick with the gibson ones, get different gibson ones, or get dimarzio
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what amp do you use? how much you willing to spend? what are the other two pickups you using?

Im gonna put a distortion in the bridge, a 59 or pearly in the neck and i dunno what to do with the middle one. It will only be used for clean playing as the others will be for meat.
Quote by deportivo
i dont know, i've just never seen it done. i've seen people either stick with the gibson ones, get different gibson ones, or get dimarzio

Where the hell have you seen this?
The funny thing is, I think that most people on this site don't really know the best clean pickups. They seem to only know the way to get the most distortion.
For a humbucker - and I don't really know much about middle humbuckers - I like the Gibson 490R pickups for cleans. It's a really nice bassy/midrange pickup. You could try a soapbar too.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.