Just take it apart and find out it wont take you that long dude lol

Most squiers tend to have universal pickup routing though.

Peace

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
cool, thanks for that, cos i'm fitting it with and iommi humbucker and 2 GFS experiance hendric singles, and modding it a hell of a lot, lok out for the thread whenever i start it
Wait!!
I went to the guitar shop with mine and they said they'd have to cut a bigger cavity into it if i wanted to fit a humbucker.
They also said the cost of doing that wasn't worth it on a squier.
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
I'm spending a lot of money on it allready, iommi pick-up and hendrix replica pick-ups and a new pick-guard, trem, everything, my dad'll probably pay for it cos i'm painting sihlouettes of Iommi Hendrix Page and Galleghar, i'm going for that classic rock sound and look
Hmm your best bet is to just take it apart and check, if its a universal rout it should all fit nicely. Should be an awsome project - ill be sure to watch this one when it starts

Peace

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
thanks, i've got a few people helping me, someone's doing some templates for the sihlouettes for me, I've got a few friends helping me decide on what colours and pick-ups and stuff to have, i still have no idea of what colour to have though, i've got black for the sihlouettes but i have no idea what colour to have under them.
Well seen as your after sillouets - White immediately springs to mind. But technically any colour lighter than black would work. And the colour decision also defines what pickguard to get. I would stick with the hendrix model singles at neck and middle and stick your Iommi HB at the bridge. that would be sick.

Peace

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
yeah, I've found a turtle shell pick-guard, i was thinking if the sihlouettes over lap the pick guard i spray that part over the pick-guard in white when i put the pickguard back on.

I'm trying to avoid white, i'm looking for a darker colour that still emphasises the sihlouettes
How about a nice sort of light blue colour ? Very Hendrix and the tortoise shell pickguard would compliment the blue well.

A word of wanring about painting pickguards - you gotta do it immaculately, or it looks rubbish. And you need paint that will stick to plastic.

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Yeah, I'm being very careful with it as its going to have the exact same pick-ups Iommi has, and I'm a huge sabbath fan, the light blue sounds an ok idea, i'll have a look at how that suits it, I'm not sure if i should get a new neck and put some simple custom inlays on it though.
Theres also a wilkinson strat trem that looks ok, are wilkinson reliable cos i know they do stuff for vintage guitars which arent particually great
It depends which Wilkinson your looking at. Im using a wilkinson bridge in my project and it should work quite well - the model im using is meant to be rather good. - http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=SERVE&G=1&sku=3534&ITEM=catalog/sku.html&CURRENCY=GBP

Partly koz its part Gotoh lol

Have you ever inlayed before? Inlaying is a damn hard thing to do - but it would look awsome if you could pull it off.

Peace

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I heard there was an easier way to do it, by engraving what you want to inlay then use a soldering iron and some solder to fill it, not sure how good that'll be though
Well i GUESS it COULD work in theory....But solder tends not to stick to wood...at all.

It is quite an easy process to Inlay - If you have the right tools, and oyu take your time.

It depends how complex you want the inlay

Oli
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Yeah thats probably a good idea - It all depends on how much you want to spend really.

Try warmoth.com and try axesrus.com see what you can spy with your beady eye ! lol

Im off back ot the workshop to continue sanding and shaping !

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Do what you like.

But the body'll still be made of plywood.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I'm mainly doing this to take to the rory galleghar tribute festival which isnt too far off (before christmas) and a dean baby V wont be able to get a sound for classic rock like hendrix and iommi pick-ups will, when i get the money i'll transfer the pick-ups and stuff to a fender and paint that one.
I've upgraded the PUs on a Squier Affinity Strat and a Squier Bullet Strat and FWIW, here's what I know from those 2:

1. The Squier Affinity Strat was Alder with HSH routing. I installed vintage 62 RI PUs and it sounded really nice on a Fender DeVille.
2. The Squier Bullet Strat body was made of plywood and it had SSS routing but after a PU upgrade with the GuitarFetish "Premium Overwound". it also sounded pretty nice on the DeVille.

Since you have an Affinity, chances are it'll have an Alder body and at worst, Agathis ... but based on Squier's website, it's likely to be Alder. AGathis has a darker color from what I've read. Good Luck.