I have a Fender Mexican Stratocaster with Fender Lace Series upgraded to it. It's the Blue, Middle, Red one. To tell the truth, i don' really like these pickups as they're not bright and tight enough for my sound. I know it's really hard to get a rock sound out of single coil so i decided that i'll do that for my next guitar. For now i'm looking for perhaps a modern bright lead tone.

What I Listen To: John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Tom Hess, Yngwie Malmsteen, DragonForce , Jun Senoue (Crush 40), Japan X, Dir En Grey, Funeral For A Friend, Bullet For My Valentine, Symphony X, Larc~en~ciel, Trivium...etc .

So far here are my options:

Custom Shop 64 Fender
Traditional Mk-II set

Of course if anyone has better pickups to recommend please feel free to post. I'm thinking of getting bareknuckle pickups from overseas....
try S-D hot rails requires no mods to pickguard or guit and provides hot humbucker
Guitars are like voices... only with distortion...
yeah, if you look around you can find humbuckers that fit into single-coil slots.

Though they dont reeeeally sounds like humbuckers, they sound somewhere between a single-coil and a humbucker.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
I'm using a Laney VC50 (Runs by a pair of 6l6 or El34) Tube Amp. My Pedals are MC-FX Screamin Tubes Plus (Betta than Keeley TS9 IMO but that's the clossest reference i can get), MC-FX Compressor (Cross between Keeley Compressor and CS-3 Compressor), Rat Mod (Alsmost EXactly like Keeley Mod), Metal Zone Special K Mod (Closest to Keeley Mod as well) and ISP Decimator.

I don't care if the pickups need to be soldered in. I'm not looking for a humbucker tone anymore and it's impossible to get a replica of it in my opinion. My Spending money is very expensive (Got money from many relatives and job..haha) 500 usd-800 at most XD almost like a new guitar eh?
i put stacked mini humbuckers in my neck... YM (dimarzio), Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues (dimarzio), and railed in my bridge (hot rails) Seymour duncan.

u might want something along those lines. hot like texas specials. but they run silent.
the YM malmsteen, is a little dark for my tastes. but the Virt Vin has a great tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Have a look at the custom sets of EMG's for Strats.

I have the DG-20 set, nuff said!
Quote by dumblostpunk
try S-D hot rails requires no mods to pickguard or guit and provides hot humbucker

they also sound like shit. EDIT: IMO. but they sound nothing like buckers, and because of the hum cancelling, don't sound nice like singles either. Worst of both worlds, IMO.

I'd get a bareknuckle of some kind- maybe a sinner or a trilogy suite. But if you do decide they're worth the cash, head on over to their website, and ask for recommendations over there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?