Is it possible at all to convert a 2-conductor humbucker to a 4-conductor humbucker?

Also, if you split a humbucker so you can play it either as the north coil, the south coil, or the normal humbucker... does the humbucker setting still sound the same as it did before the mod (if you do it right, that is)?
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Pink did a thread on this a while ago but I'm too lazy to use the search to find it for you
The thing is you'd need to take the sheilding tape off (don't even try this if you have a P/u cover, they just completley destroy the power of your pickup and you get a really wimpy sounding and quiet p/u) Then remove the wire conecting the coils and then attach a wire to each coil and if you connect the wires to each-other, it will act as the wire you removed so the tone wouldn't be affected.

But you can easily destroy the p/u like this so i don't reccomend it.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
But you can easily destroy the p/u like this so i don't reccomend it.

yep, thats the reason I no longer have a working bridge pickup (though I do have a single coil now but I cant mount it in there :S ... and I also managed to snap the magnet in half when playing with it)
I guess I wont try, then... But I'm having trouble finding a good but cheap pair of 4-conductors.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
where d'you live?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."