Not sure if this is the right thread or if I should go to musicians talk...

I've been playing 2 1/2 years, I can play fade to back, nothing else matters, angel of death, one, master of puppets (entire album) and lots of things like that but I'm getting a bit bored now.... can anyone recommend some hard, but awesome songs to learn? Preferably ones without to many whammy bar tricks, as I don?t have one :P (or with excessively hard malmsteen style sweeps)
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
This isnt that hard, barely at all actually. Ive been playing for 1 year 2 months and just learned it almost clearly in like an hour. So you should have no problem playing it.

Rainmaker - Iron Maiden
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

What do you mean by that?
More of similar songs (Thrash Metal etc.) or something really new?
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by skateguitar7654
What do you mean by that?
More of similar songs (Thrash Metal etc.) or something really new?

No, anything really.
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I'm Alright- Neil Zaza is fun to play not to to hard. it does have sweeps but i cant play that yet everything else though is really not to difficult
if you like a7x, try beast and the harlot or take one the solo from batcountry........i smell a flame comin on
i can already play both those a7x songs
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I don't care what anybody says, Trivium songs off the Ascendancy album are fun to play, and the solos definately hold a challenge. Or try some Ozzy during the Randy Rhoads era.
Quote by enjoi91
I'm Alright- Neil Zaza is fun to play not to to hard. it does have sweeps but i cant play that yet everything else though is really not to difficult

Only in the live version, although I dont think there's a tab for the studio one is there?

I'd say some COB (obviously, without whammy bar stuff, you can always just stay silent at those points )
yeah the only one that ive ever tried was the live one. i dont think that they havea tab for the studio version.
Yeh, ive been playin 2 years now too, and i reckon megadeth (marty friedman era) or pantera are some good thrash, a bit easy though, try dream theater or queensryche, their pretty difficult, and yes, ascendancy is a good album, took me a couple of weeks to learn all the solos.
Hey can anybody recommend any easy songs to learn I have only been playing for three days I can play a few songs but I need to learn some more
~#Spiderman is not the first man to have sticky finers after using the web#~
Stairway To Hevaen (if you don't already know it) or any other Zep song and Little Wing.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you like that kind of music check out testament and old megadeath with marty friedman or chris poland.

The riffs and solos of testament i think are better than metallicas and megadeath solos are just fuÇking awsome.

Or if you want really technical stuff paul gilbert-vai-satch. they each have a couple easy songs you could probably work your way through
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.