I was wondering what bass i should buy. I consider myself a "metalhead" and im in a metal band, but i am also in a band that plays classic rock/metal (Hendrix, ACDC, Sabbath, etc, etc) stuff at local pubs.
What bass would be good all round but leaning more towards the heavy stuff?
Price doesn't matter, I would just like some suggestions.
Thanks
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
Whats wrong with trivium anyway?

^^^ Spoken like a true noob...

¡¡Trapped In Purgatory!!
a warlock is a good idea but a fender jazz is very veristile, just fit one percusion pick up to it
an ibanez ergodyne is a good choice i play in a metal band and i have one of those and i also have a fender jazz. both are good. if ur playing more metal though the ergodyne is beefier there abut 400 quid here so not too exsepnsive either
For the heavy stuff I would have to agree about the BC Rich, but you might also look into an ESP. However I agree with METSOAD about the Fender Jazz. You should also check out a Stingray or the double humbucker version of it.
Ibanez.
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
Quote by METSOAD
a warlock is a good idea but a fender jazz is very veristile, just fit one percusion pick up to it

Or just get a P-Bass Special (or Deluxe,i can't quite remember the exact model), which has a P and J pickups.
Thank you
Quote by Dr Grinwraith

¡¡Trapped In Purgatory!!
If you buy a BC Rich, you might as well be throwing your money down the drain. They're terrible. Terrible construction, terrible tone, terrible value. The artists that use BC Rich guitars and basses are guaranteed to be using custom-built ones that have little to nothing in common with the off-the-shelf models.

Ibanez Soundgear basses are great for pretty much anything, in my opinion. Adaptable tone, can sound very aggressive or very mellow, and anything in between.

The Warwick tone is very distinctively growly, and good for heavier music as their mids-heavy sound cuts through the mix well. They can handle softer stuff well too, just lose some mids and boost the bass and you can get a very good classic rock tone.

A Fender Jazz can do anything. Absolutely anything.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
i wasnt planning on a bc rich. my friend has one and its been fixed so many times because of its ****ty quality.

the fender deluxe sounds pretty good but so does the yamaha 5 string. i kinda want a 5 string.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith

¡¡Trapped In Purgatory!!
Oh yes, Yamaha are a great make. My first bass was a cheap Yamaha RBX270 that was painful to part with. The 774/775 models are a dream to play.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.