Ok heres the situation. Some guys want me to join their band because they say Im an awesome guitarist . Anyway, they're into all this lamb of god stuff. I myself am into gnr, iron maiden, acdc , thin lizzy and stuff like that you get the idea? I am in no way interested in lamb of god and I dont intend to ever be. Before you say "just dont join if you dont like their music" I think I'll inform you that bands are very hard to come by where I live. Theirs hundreds of guitarists, one or two drummers, and the bassist is the only one i know of within 5 years my age. So should I join or not?
try it, good experience to try different styles
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Yeah but ive tryed getting into their stuff, but its not working. I hate just playing open E chugging riffs over and over. Or maybe, heres another idea, I join the band then try and convert them into more rock stuff mha ha ha ha ha!
Yes Do That :d
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Put on a Hawaiian lei, paint "I <3 Sluts" on your chest and sing David Bowie sonngs in spanish, that's how I got into my band. Either that or me and the singer used to date, can't remember.
join and just bring a bit of your style to their type of music. if you hate those open riffs dont play them, or play them and add your own spin on to it. you say you like maiden, so try and throw a little miadenesque stuff into the playing.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
*shrug* if they like some of what you're doing, i'm guessing they'd be willing to go a little bit in your direction. Just don't expect a full conversion; there is more of them and they were there first, so no matter how good you are or how smoothly you try and talk them into it, it's going to sound more Lamb Of God than GnR/AcDc.

Then again, it could be an interesting mix. At the very least, give it a shot. Even the whole thing falls flat on its face, it's playing with a band and getting your face out there. If the alternative is to sit indoors and play along to Appetite for Destruction again, go join.