If i want to tune my guitar half a step down, how is the Hz related to this? 440 Hz is standard tuning, right? So what is half a step down? 430 Hz?
what kind of tuner do you have?

if you have a chromatic tuner you don't have to mess around with that and leave it as the A4 = 440hz

just tune it to D# G# C# F# A# D# (also know as Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb)
Well I use a tuner that has a flat button. For each half-step you want to downtune, you just press the flat button on the tuner to add another flat. Then you tune like you would normally and it will read as if you are tuning the same notes you always do.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
The Hz doesnt have anything to do with tuning the strings..well it kind of does but.. dont change it
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
Rofl, hes banned.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by rds0811
Well I use a tuner that has a flat button. For each half-step you want to downtune, you just press the flat button on the tuner to add another flat. Then you tune like you would normally and it will read as if you are tuning the same notes you always do.

Why would you want it to read as the same notes when it isn't the same notes?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Why would you want it to read as the same notes when it isn't the same notes?

Because it's extremely easy?
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.