I have been playing guitar for about 4 years and only using the one guitar, a cheap beginner one. So as you can imagine, it is in a right state and i am after a new guitar. It doesnt sound the same since i first bought it, and i knew it would happen and finally the time has come to get a new one. I am a 14 year old, so my budget is tight! I like playing heavy stuff like metallica, god forbid, megadeth, and so i would be looking for a guitar which could cater for these needs. I know it is not entirely down to the guitar itself, and that amps and pedals etc come into the equation but this is the sound i am after so if anyone could please recommend a few guitars they feel are up to the job, i would be very grateful.
I would say just for guitar, and in USD roughly $900. Just checked out your guitar - nice! But something like that is out of my budget for now - at least until i get a job.
Yea thanks! Im 14 too, but I have a job and stuff so I make a little and have a little in the bank. You can look at Godins. I have the Freeway Classic in Trans-Blue. Its a beautiful guitar and plays great. It took me a while to play a guitar that felt as nice as it. And it only cost me $300-400, leaving you some money for a pretty nice amp. If you want a tremelo/whammy bar, it has one, but its not that great. It was my second guitar. If you are leaning more towards a guitar for metal, look at schecters. The Schecter C-1 is nice. Also Ibanez RGs are nice. I dont really like the plain look of some of them, but they are great guitars.
I'm 15 years, and I own a Gibson Les Paul Standard... I dont know if that guitar is anything for you who play metallica and that kind of stuff, but a friend of mine has got a Gibson Flying V. He is a big fan of metallica, and the guitar both looks and sounds great for metall their not that expensive either... Im from norway, so i dont know what they cost in the U.S or the U.K so you'll have to find out that on your own :P
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Quote by Sl4Sh_Jr.
I'm 15 years, and I own a Gibson Les Paul Standard... I dont know if that guitar is anything for you who play metallica and that kind of stuff, but a friend of mine has got a Gibson Flying V. He is a big fan of metallica, and the guitar both looks and sounds great for metall their not that expensive either... Im from norway, so i dont know what they cost in the U.S or the U.K so you'll have to find out that on your own :P

Sl4sh... He has a tight budget. He cant afford a Gibson. He said once he gets a job, he will be able to get one. Dont just post to show off your Les Paul, although it is hard not too .
Check out the lower Dean's...Especially the Dean Schenker V...The lowest budget ones like £200-300, and the pickups are beastly,they sound so bluesy but can get great metal tones.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Sl4sh... He has a tight budget. He cant afford a Gibson. He said once he gets a job, he will be able to get one. Dont just post to show off your Les Paul, although it is hard not too .

You can get a Flying V for 535 $ on ebay if you dont have anything against buying used...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Flying-V-Faded-Cherry-2005_W0QQitemZ230001696683QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33043QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
I would get a lag jet 100 (£200) (if you can find one- there are some UK dealers, but they aren't as popular as, say, Ibanez) and a Roland cube 30 (£150). That'd be great. You'd have enough left to give you a good start towards saving for your next purchase, or you could switch the pickups if you know how to solder (I'd recommend Swinesheads, you can get a full set for less than £100, and they beat the living crap out of any dimarzios or Duncans I've tried), or if you're willing to pay a shop to install them for you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?