Ok, basically, I've been playing for a while on an acoustic I found in our attic, and I'm thinking of getting an electric guitar, cos I'm fed up of having to use the school's guitar for band practice.

Anyway, I've heard good things about the pacifica, and my budget is a little er... *limited* to say the least, so I was thinking about these options, but to be honest, I have no idea which to go with:

Option one:
Pacifica 012 + Orange Crush 10
total = £154 (plus strap, cable, gig bag)

Option two:
Yamaha 012 + GA10
total = £137.95

Option three:
Pacifica 112 + Roland Microcube
total =£208

(All prices include delivery)

Please help me make an informed decision! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by pannako at Jul 2, 2006,
option one, or you could consider a squire strater pack, which is in your buget
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
option one, yamaha pwns squier
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I'd go Squier. My friend has a Pacifica and it doesn't stay in tune for more than a few hours.
21st Century Digital Boy
my dads yamaha is great
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Perhaps there's an option 3: Save up more?
If I had any common sense with money I'd have me an ace guitar by now.
21st Century Digital Boy
Yamaha Pacifica 112 + Roland Micro Cube
Wins hands down
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I'm terrible at saving... it's taken me like, a year to get this much...
I shall check out prices for the 112 option now...

Ok, option 3 now up.
Quote by rickmeister
Yamaha Pacifica 112 + Roland Micro Cube
Wins hands down

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ haven't tried the crush, unfortunately. The cube will have a wider range of tones, I'd assume.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Am I right in thinking that the microcube is 2W? Or am I being stupid? that seems pretty small. But then again, I'm a n00b, what do I know?
yeah, it's small. But you'll only be using it for practicing, right?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And that's enough? Will it be able to cope with the loudest settings as well as the Crush would on an equivalent loudness setting thing? (sorry for the poor english, I'm tired.)
Quote by pannako
Am I right in thinking that the microcube is 2W? Or am I being stupid? that seems pretty small. But then again, I'm a n00b, what do I know?

It's very loud for 2Ws. Great little practice amp.

EDIT: volume shouldn't be a priority when buying a bedroom practice amp. What do you mean by cope? Cope in what kind of situation?
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Last edited by invisible_man at Jul 2, 2006,
^ It's plenty for practicing.

It won't be as loud as the crush.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I meant, say if the 10 on the roland is as loud as, I dunno 5 or something on the crush, will there be a significant loss in tone/clarity? I don't want the amp to sound like crap :P
^ i dunno, I only had it on 5 when I tried it. it was fine at 5. Which was loud enough for practice, easily.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, cool, and how much do you think suff like a gig bag, strap and leads will cost me?
^ they should throw in the leads and strap for free. You can get a gigbag for a little over £10...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Will they throw them in if I buy it online? Or will I be better off buying from a local guitar shop?
^ good point, probably not. You'd need to spend at least £10 to get a decent lead...

depends. if you're only starting up, it's probably better to buy from a local shop- if anything goes wrong, they can help you much better, etc.

You could also see if they will price match. And as I said, they'll probably throw in a lead and stuff free.

EDIT: no problem, man, glad to help!

EDIT #2: just to point out, there's a little vox amp that's similar to the microcube- it'd be worth a look too- it may be a little dearer, though- I think it's a DA5 (or something like that). I haven't tried it, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You shouldn't completely rule out the Squiers, they are way better than most people give them credit for. The best thing to do would be to grab a knowledgable friend that plays guitar and go to a guitar store. Any decent guitarist has some inate sense of how good gear is...
With Squiers, some are great, and some suck. You need to try it in person. I was VERY lucky with my Squier Affinity Strat, it's better than my Epi G-400. The 150$ Squier was better than a 400$ Epi...

And the Micro Cube roxxorz.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Well, if it "roxxorz" I don't see how I can't get the Micro Cube Yeah, looks like I'll get that with the 112 (or maybe a Squier if I find a nice one when I'm looking round shops...thank god for INSET days)

edit: sorry it was in the wrong forum
I have a micro cube(gonna upgrade in a few days!) It will be good to start with.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Thanks for all the help you guys, I've learnt a lot! (including not to sign up for email notifications for replies on your thread unless you want your inbox bombarded...)