Right so the time has come for me to get a new guitar, I have up to around £800 to spend, but I deally I would rather spend £500, since I am saving up for a car as well.

I want 24 frets, no Floyd Rose, and a good stock sound, but I might put EMG's into it as well since I love the sound of them. It will be primarily used for heavy/metal music, but a level of versatility would be nice

Any recommendations for that price range?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I'd buy a new amp first.

unless you truly do have no guitar (as your sig suggests).

In which case why the hell did you sell the epi? you'd have been better off with the epi through an £800 amp than an £800 guitar through your AVT...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez RGA121 + EMGs maybe (if you like the thin Ibanez necks)

I know ESP probably have something but I don't know much about their lineup

though the amp idea there is probably better
check out ESP, They make quite a few guitars about That price Range that come with EMGs.
^ i hear EMG's don't fit in RGA's without a little routing. Seconded, though, it's a great guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'd buy a new amp first.

In which case why the hell did you sell the epi? you'd have been better off with the epi through an £800 amp than an £800 guitar through your AVT...

well I have £800 after selling the epi/saving some cash, and besides I only use the AVT as a speaker since I have a PODxt.

And besides this wasa thread to recommend a guitar, not an amp.

But thanks anyway
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Try the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Comes with EMG's already, and from what I hear its awesome for metal as well as other stuff.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by fwibble
well I have £800 after selling the epi/saving some cash, and besides I only use the AVT as a speaker since I have a PODxt.

And besides this wasa thread to recommend a guitar, not an amp.

But thanks anyway

yeah, I know, but I was just giving my two cents.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ESP LTD Vipers or EC's should do you nicely, as well as Jackson RR5, but I'm not sure if thats in your range...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
ESP LTD Vipers or EC's should do you nicely, as well as Jackson RR5, but I'm not sure if thats in your range...

An RR5 is within reach I guess, I would get the white w/pinstripes, but gold hardware would have to go. Anyone know aof a site in the UK where I can get black hardware for it?
cheers

PS sorry I am kinda picky
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by mynamewontfit
^RR5 has a fixed bridge, he wants a FR.

An Ibanez RG seems like the way to go, don't know enough about them to recommend specific models though.

err, he stated "no Floyd Rose" in his first post
Quote by mynamewontfit
^RR5 has a fixed bridge, he wants a FR.

An Ibanez RG seems like the way to go, don't know enough about them to recommend specific models though.

I don't want a FR, pain in the ass.

I looked for a rixed bridge RG since the necks are sweet, but the low end models are ****
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by fwibble
I looked for a rixed bridge RG since the necks are sweet, but the low end models are ****

the ****ness is mainly only because of the bridges, until you get up to the nice prestige RGs (and since you're going for a hardtail thats not a problem)

the pickups are pretty poor across their entire lineup anyway
I still think Dave's right... you could get an Engl for that price. A pod xt can't compete with a good tube amp.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I suggest looking into esp ec-400 or a ec-1000. They come stock with emgs, earvana nuts,and are just all around great guitars for the money.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by NovemberRain273
Try the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Comes with EMG's already, and from what I hear its awesome for metal as well as other stuff.

Yeah I looked at that, just not sure about the gothic cross inlays, anyone know if the c1 classic is any good? It has SD JB in the bridge and a JAzz in the neck, had those before on an RR3 and liked them.

Is there much difference between that and the Hellraiser as fas as the neck goes? one has ultra access, the other doesn't but is it all that noticable?
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by jimbob78
I still think Dave's right... you could get an Engl for that price. A pod xt can't compete with a good tube amp.

^ oh, the neck joint's pretty poor on the RR3, IMO. I haven't tried the hellraiser.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'd buy a new amp first.

This is true. and believe me, when dave says somethings right, its bloody right!
Quote by GnRRockingaway
This is true. and believe me, when dave says somethings right, its bloody right!

I appreciate that, man, that's a really nice thing to say. Though I have to protest, there are plenty of things (including guitars and amps) that I have little to no clue about...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can get schecter hellraisers for less than 500 in the uk giving you the remainder of your budget to a nice amp or a car or whatever you want really but i'd personally go for amp but i'm an addict so lol
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
^ the hellraisers are out over here?

^ GnR:
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fwibble
Yeah I looked at that, just not sure about the gothic cross inlays, anyone know if the c1 classic is any good? It has SD JB in the bridge and a JAzz in the neck, had those before on an RR3 and liked them.

Is there much difference between that and the Hellraiser as fas as the neck goes? one has ultra access, the other doesn't but is it all that noticable?

if you want a schecter....c1 elite all the way. put an emg in the bridge, and its a ballsout metal machine.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I love the LTD Viper 400. Comes with EMGs. AWESOME metal guitar.

although the LTD Deluxe Viper 1000>>>Viper 400...