just post some songs that a band just starting out could play. songs that are easy but cool. go ahead.
it kinda depends on how many ppl in youre band, like how many guitarists n etc.

but 1 tip, DONT play any songs in a gig that everybody loves ( ie teen spirit)

you will get slated for it.
=MAY THE HAND OF GOD STRIKE THEM DOWN=

+Rip Dimebag+

Gear:

Ibanez RG170
Epiphone SG Standard G400
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Boss V-WAH
Digitech Whammy
Spider Line 6 II 30W
It really depends on what ur into, these would be a good bet though: Dani California by RHCP, Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams or Bowling 4 Soup if u want a punk version of it, Any of Greendays singles from American Idiot. They are some pretty good songs to play but there really are too many to name
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Beanie_Ben

If u dont play songs that everybody loves, then who will come to see you play??
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Beanie_Ben

Are you stupid?

EDIT:

Scrap that. You're stupid.
Last edited by SG thrasher at Jul 2, 2006,
Quote by Bossman123
If u dont play songs that everybody loves, then who will come to see you play??

im presuming his thinking is if you play something that everyone loves and you make a mess of it (not saying you will) people will widely disregard you.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
I think he means that you can play songs that people love but playing something like smells like teen spirit is such a classic song your never gonna compare to Nirvana.

Some songs are just too revered and mean too much to people that even if you did it brilliantly your not going to be up there with nirvana for example..

Greenday songs would go down well, and Oasis songs are easy to sing and play and people remember them... all depending on your style of course..
play songs that are well loved, but not ..i guess, staples of their time period? unless you're a really good band. what that guy said about teen spirit is right, i've seen hundreds of good guitarists play, and they cant capture the feeling of s.l.t.s. also i've got a sh*thead bassist in my own band who thinks he can, but he cant.

green day is definitely good stuff for beginning. don't do ac/dc, i've seen beginner bands try and they fail. miserably. hm, what else. blink 182 is popular as well (earlier blink that is).
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
^ IMO it's so massively over-rated that its nothing new/original/exciting for the audience...
Oasis- SOTW
Killswitch Engage- End of heartache
any greenday song
any blink 182 song
a7x- Beast and the Harlot, burn it down, bat country
Nirvana- smells like teen spirit, all apologies
any creed song -"stand here with me" impresses the crowd, it did for me at least
The Eagles- Hotel California
Rush- Spirit of the radio

those are sum of the songs i can think of on top of my head for now. All of these are assuming that you guys are pretty decent musicians.
Quote by JB2500
^ IMO it's so massively over-rated that its nothing new/original/exciting for the audience...

Yeah but it builds a fan base. I mean noninstrument players love to hear massivley overdone stuff i.e Stairway to Heaven, Smells like Teen Spirit etc.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
^fair point. The way i see it though is, don't play songs to make people like you, have people like you for the songs you play, play the songs YOU want to play, not what others think you should play. And if he likes smells like teen spirit, thats fine.
Last edited by JB2500 at Jul 2, 2006,
^^ I agree with him. But if ur looking for some suggestions, I would say

Dani California - RHCP
Charlie - RHCP
Korn - Falling away from me (if ur guitarist has a 7 stringed guitar)
NIN - Head like a Hole
NIN - The day the world went away
NIN - Wish

(Im a NIN freak but those NIN songs do sound good live)
I've got an idea, I mean AN IDEA, play "We Are Not Gonna Make It" by The Presidents Of The United States Of America. Now that's genius.
I'm not to sure about Metal, hardcore, or emo, but I could recomend so good modern and classic stuff.

Classic Rock - Smoke on the Water (Easy song, leads to great improvisations), Sunshine of Your Love, Aqualung, Get Back, Purple Haze.

Modern - Cochise, House of Doom, any Wolfmother song
U gotta play stuff thats well known today like a bunch of ACDC ****....I know its not that good but everyone knows them!!
play songs like "i miss you" by Blink182, "under the bridge"-rhcp, any song off of "Dookie"- the green day album, "brain stew"-greenday, fun & easy!
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
Quote by Guitar_Guy00001
Oasis- SOTW
Killswitch Engage- End of heartache
any greenday song
any blink 182 song
a7x- Beast and the Harlot, burn it down, bat country
Nirvana- smells like teen spirit, all apologies
any creed song -"stand here with me" impresses the crowd, it did for me at least
The Eagles- Hotel California
Rush- Spirit of the radio

those are sum of the songs i can think of on top of my head for now. All of these are assuming that you guys are pretty decent musicians.

I highly doubt any band just starting out could do A7X. Those solos are pretty hard/fast. If you left out or improvised the solos than maybe, but what's the point of that. Hotel California isn't that easy either. Again, the lead parts are a little tricky.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Californication-RHCP and have the guitarist play part of the bass line. It's all good.
I also agree with the Dani California.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

just play one cover. something by rhcp or something. then get on the mic, in a smooth jazz voice, and say "hey there all you swingin kids and cats, id like to play a little something i came up with while sipping a martini with hugh hefner in his den. its called _________. sit tight and prepare for some easy listening, because its smooth sailing from here on out." then go into an original song you wrote. and then its all originals from there on out, because if you ever wanna make it as a band, you gotta have MANY originals, so if someone with connections hears you play, he knows you ACTUALLY HAVE YOUR OWN SONGS and dont just play covers, so he knows you will have something to put on an album. and if you have enough, you can skim off the crappy ones so you will have all decent songs.
start it out easy, u can still do great stuff from like clapton and hendrix, but if u do, do easy stuff by them, like sunshine of ur love and purple haze, fire by hendrix too is easy, also wish u were here is a very simple song, and its by pink floyd *bonus*, haha
any greenday stuff
any blink182 stuff
Hate to say i told you so- by the hives
Brain stew-by greenday is really easy
and all the small things by blink 182 is simple
so yea

just remember to not trip over the amp cord.

that happened to me at my first gig at a party
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
it really depends whether you want to be in a cover band or a band that does mostly original stuff

if u want to do more original stuff stay away from the classic, cheesy cover songs (sweet child, summer of 69 spring to mind) and play lesser known stuff that is still popular, say if you where into nirvana, and wanted to do a song, the obvious choice would be SLTS, but instead choose a song that the crowd would enjoy, but isnt over done, like say lithium.

but if you want to be in a cover band etc, feel free to play anything, its all about the crowd then, so play all the cheesy classics, which often aint very difficult at all, (summer of 69 springs to mind again)
any of the classic punk stuff.
I fought the law
Louie Louie
London Calling
Last Caress
Anarchy in the U.K.
I wanna be sedated
Blitzkrieg Bop

EDIT: Just realized this is from 2006 fml
can't think of a signature yet.
Last edited by cliffburtoncopy at Mar 14, 2017,
Anything punk/easycore. Usually those songs aren't very demanding technique-wise and sound fun.
Insert original signature here.

Lay your guns down let me die (why won't you just let me die)
Lay your guns down let me die (why won't you just let me die)
Lay your guns down let me die
Scars don't heal when you keep
Cutting
Always cutting
Cutting deeper
Always deeper
Scars don't heal when you keep cutting

Gear: Schecter Diamond Series C6, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Köhlt 15G (It's shit, I know)
Quote by Beanie_Ben

Couldn't disagree more. You should always play what people like. What kind of audience wants to hear stuff nobody likes? What kind of crazy tip is this? 

Tip1: How to make sure no one shows up at your gig. Answer: Don't play songs anyone likes.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Nov 8, 2017,