Page 1 of 3
Any fans of this band? Probably one of the 'truest' doom bands in the scene right now. It's a shame that their next tour/full length will be their last, I really was starting to fall in love with their music.
Slaves of Satan FTW.

Very Old-School sounding. I dig it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I bought their debut (with return) some days ago and I just ordered their second II: Crush the Insects. I'm totaly obsessed and really influenced by them, Albert's got a great voice and Peters leads are just perfect.
Reverend Bizarre rape face, one of my fav doom bands.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
god damn, these guys are great. thanks for the recommendation. they are my favorite band i have found on this site since falkenbach (that is sayin a lot man).
and they're from Finland... hell yeah
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by masterofmuppets
Just thought I'd bump this thread up as I finally bought Crush the Insects. Amazing stuff. Any idea what RB release I should get next?

You should get In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend. I think thats their only other cd, don't quote me on that though.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I would actually recommend, above all else, their Harbinger of Metal EP (even though it's hardly an EP at over 70 minutes ). It has their best song ever, Strange Horizon, and an outstanding cover of Dunkelheit, and to me embodies everything that I love about Reverend Bizarre. Plus it shouldn't be too hard to find, I've even seen it in HMV.
Once you have that, get the reissued version of In the Rectory..., which comes with the bonus CD Return to the Rectory, which is in effect a whole other album.
And of course, their last () album So Long Suckers will be out at some point in the very near future (they are almost done recording it) so do NOT miss that.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Most doom metal seems like a rip-off of Sabbath...but I don't mind that.

I won't even begin to explain how wrong you are.

Quote by chylde_of_fire
I won't even begin to explain how wrong you are.

Explain to me how Reverend Bizarre aren't...for example.
Explain to me how Reverend Bizarre aren't...for example.

Reverend use a lot of guitar/bass harmony that Sabbath didn't, the vocals are totally different, and the two bands have a totally different writing style. Of course they were INFLUENCED by Black Sabbath, a heavy influence at that, but to say they are a 'rip off' is a bit extreme.

They're a really great band, too bad they're over too. Are/were they a Christian band or just had Christian members? Or am I just an idiot?
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 20, 2007,
They have never had any Christian members to my knowledge, although I wouldn't say they were anti-Christian particularly.

Does it really matter though? lol

Sucks that they're not active anymore, but at least they went out on a high note. So Long Suckers is a solid album.

Oh yeah, almost 1 year bump.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by HelloHalo
Sucks that they're not active anymore, but at least they went out on a high note. So Long Suckers is a solid album.

Oh yeah, almost 1 year bump.

I finally picked up III a few days ago, thus completing my Rev. Bizz. collection. Haven't listened to it yet though. In The Rectory album is definately my favorite so far and In The Rectory (song) is a doom masterpiece.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Anywhere Out Of This World is probably the best possible swansong a band could ever have

25 minutes go so very quickly when I start to listen to that song

Well, at least we have The Puritan.

And of course, all of the Reverend Bizarre discography to cherish for the rest of forever.
CAN YOU FEEL THE GROOVE?
Quote by Pagan Terrorism
Well, at least we have The Puritan.

and especially Lord Vicar

Quote by ChooperXvart
I wish these guys were still around. Doom at it's finest.

Without a doubt.

Anyone who hasn't picked up Death Is Glory...Now should do so! Great compilation of their splits.

The offshoots and side projects from members of this band are fantastic aswell.
So far i only have the reissue of In the Rectory... and Return to the Rectory... and they're both damn great. i've been meaning to pick up ...Insects for a while now.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Insects remains my favorite, but all of their work is almost equal caliber, really. Great stuff.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by \Powerslave/
Without a doubt.

Anyone who hasn't picked up Death Is Glory...Now should do so! Great compilation of their splits.

The offshoots and side projects from members of this band are fantastic aswell.

Really!? Fuck I thought it was just a best of I must pick that up soon so
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah and a "Doom Metal Is Dead" sticker on the cover

Haha those cocky bastards......
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
It's pretty humorous though hahha

but yeah, currently looking forward to seeing Spiritus Mortis in October
too bad I'm missing the Lord Vicar & Spiritus Mortis gig, 2/3 of Reverend Bizarre right there

I heard In the Rectory...
Where should I go to next?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Return To The Rectory....then Harbinger of Death
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Oh the great Rev Biz how we miss you. I had the fortune to witness the live magic of Lord Vicar and Spiritus Mortis last friday (my birthday!).

"Doom What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Only Law!"
So the gig was already? How was it?

The gig was held in Turku 15.5. And it was fuckin' great needless to say. Never delved deep into Spiritus Mortis but after this gig I really feel like I should. Albert was great on the vocals! Lord Vicar was the main act and they were great but I felt that SM stole a part of the spotlight from LV. But all in all a very satisfying gig experience.
Page 1 of 3