first off, what genre would you class this as?

http://neptune.dmusic.com/

secondly what do you think about the song and what could have improved it?

thirdly, link me your song!!
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Jul 3, 2006,
Firstly- I would class this as, well probably some type of metal (Im not hte best with genres)

Secondly- This is great! I dont like he intro though, but the guitar sounds ****ing awesome! Great tone my friend. What settings are you using? The drums sound a bit annoying but the overall track sounds great with all thge sound effects or synths or whatever the hell you call them. You should make vocals. Id love to hear a huge dime style solo in there. Overall this is killer dude!

Thirdly-Crit mine please- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6037659#post6037659
hehe just critted it at same time!
thank you, unfortunately my lead guitarring is very weak, which is notable in my other songs
Saying as I'm a good samaritan (no wait im not samaritan) Il crit the lead.

The tone is cool and it fits well into the music. I like the way you didnt overdo it. Yeahits pretty cool. Its tight. Well done my friend

BTW what amp settings are you using for the main rythm guitar?
Nice One
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Quote by duggyrocks
Saying as I'm a good samaritan (no wait im not samaritan) Il crit the lead.

The tone is cool and it fits well into the music. I like the way you didnt overdo it. Yeahits pretty cool. Its tight. Well done my friend

BTW what amp settings are you using for the main rythm guitar?

i cheated for this one, i jacked my guitar directly into my PC and modulated the sound in realtime using a copy of guitar rig 2. GR2 is excellent, you can model the sound to an extent so it sounds like its being amped as you can change the virtual amp size, microphone type and position etc

micing my amp didnt sound digital enough for this song
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Jul 2, 2006,
hi, ive updated my song with vocals, ive never dont vocals before so im anxious, please crit!!
Dude , like , wow , man . seriously ... I saw your crit in my page and you asked me to crit this one .. lol .. man .. it preety intense , I feel like i'm playing doom or smth.. Although It's like techno metal and i dunno , not my style but i would love to have that song in my i-Pod .... good job, HONESTLY , i'm not saying that just becuase you crited my song ..

P.S. you asked to bring out some more songs , :P , i have posted all my songs but i never got any replies , soul reaper was the second time i posted it in ug , but i this time i got many replies all of the sudden .. haha , if you like i'll post another thread with mysongs
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
deffo! you're allowed 2 songs a week. get posting!

would you think my style is original? -ish?
Quote by NeptuneUK
deffo! you're allowed 2 songs a week. get posting!

would you think my style is original? -ish?

Totally man , Like I said , i dont really like mixes of rap with metal nor techno with metal but that was awesome , I took an oath that I would never listen to techno mixed with metal but Your song RULES , it was so intense that I started headbanging in my room , rofl , keep it up , we should like send songs to each other via msn messanger or smth .. i really liked your work man , honestly .
im humbled by your comments, but your songs a lot better. i think we should collab, you have excellent lead guitar skills. whereas i have not
Anytime man , I write my songs in gp5 , that is guitar pro , i firstly come up with the riffs in my guitar and then i tab them in that proggram , so if you DO have a guitar pro we could do amazing stuff, and i could show you my songs midi or rse ( realistic sound engine) ..
i just use directly recorded sound samples into cooledit + multitracking.
I see , it sounds very awesome and realistic . feel free to comment on my songs , Tommorow i will record my favorite song , hopefully with good guitar tone... the name of the song will be "the cursed night" so dont miss it ..lol..
hey man i really enjoyed this!
you really took advantage of the digital world haha and u used it great! your tone for the guitar was so perfect for this. this generally isnt my genre but it oped my eyes to listen to some of this stuff.
its sounds a little like nine inch nails

great job bud!

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387385
Originally posted by skeptopotamus
Well, me and my lab of expert scienticians have created an ingenius device that will capture one's flatulence and transport it to a nearby foe's rectum, thus attributing any foul odors towards your enemies, mblavin.
i really liked the tone on this one and i think the lead suits it but i wish there were some speedy runs in it. this is the tone me and my friends used to emulate when we played air guitar way back when haha. not sure what genre this is but i could picture myself listening to this late at night while driving. great song though
I think your song is a mixture from Art Rock and Industrial Metal with a little bit Heavy Metal.

I really like it...it reminds me of A Perfect Circles Counting Bodies Like Sheep.......and of some Nine Inch Nails songs like We're in this together or Somewhat Damaged.

The effects you've put in are good. Well the song doesn't change. The guitar solo is good...i like it. It's a good song.

_________

crit my song all ages!!

http://myspace.com/theperfectproject
Last edited by HyperFeedback at Jul 4, 2006,
nice track, sounds industrial-ish to me, but i'm not big on genre's when it comes to hard rock (especially metal/numetal/hardcore stuff). i'm actually more of an acoustic person, but i do appreciate the occasional head bang .
now for the crit: the intro is nice, maybe a little bit too long, when the guitar starts it could make more of a bang (maybe start with second riff instead of the first one).
the lead track is quite cool, the bluesy vibe it has makes it very unique. i just didn't like the effects you used for it, it sound too spacy. but that's personal preference, actually .
you could bring the vocals up front a little bit more.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387319
it's acoustic pop/rock, so actually a totally different genre.
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous