I'm kinda looking to get a flanger and i know boss is a reliable company, but when searcing i found the BF-2 and the Bf-3. Th3 Bf-3 is like 120$ and i can find some Bf-2's on ebay for like 40$. And when just scanning it looks like theyre ultimately the same thing, just the BF-3 is a little newer and has 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Am i missing somthing that makes this BF-3 80$ more? cause i dont see an 80$ difference.
im not sure but i personally have never been a fan of the boss flanger maybe look up the EVH Flanger that MXR makes its awesome
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
im not sure but i personally have never been a fan of the boss flanger maybe look up the EVH Flanger that MXR makes its awesome

Expeeeeeeeeeeensive, though.
And I think the only thing that makes the BF-3's more expensive is simply the fact that they're newer than the BF-2's. Unless the BF-3's have more inputs and/or outputs, in which case that's also understandable. But it's probably just because it's newer.
Quote by Syn Harvest

go for the regular MXR Flanger, all the EVH one has is the paintjob and a button the sets it to Eddies settings

or an Electroharmonix Electric Mistress

as far as Boss goes the BF2 is their old model (first sold in 1980!), and the thing seems to be an analog (using bucket bridge delay chips like analog delay pedals do).
The BF3 has been only since 2002 and probably has all their digital stuff in it.