What do you guys think of it? I play classic rock so it seems like a fit. Is it good other reccomendation?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Its a pretty solid guitar. its made out of real mahogany (no alder core), all in all the only problems are its neck heavy (a problem with most SG's) and the pups could be better.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
I've never played one, so my opinion isn't all that important, but what I understand is that the G400 is a pretty nice guitar. A lot better then the cheap epiphones, but not QUITE up to par with the Gibsons... People usually rate it around 8.5 - 9.5 (I had been considering buying one for a long time...)
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
seems pretty good. Dunno what level you're at tho.... And yes it is better than some other Epiphones so yeah..i guess it'd be good
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Great guitar. all i can say haha. easily worth the 400 bucks.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
If your looking to get one of them look to see how much you can get a Elitist '62 SG for. (on ebay you may be able to get one for $500, it is easily better than the gibson SG Standard).
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Jul 2, 2006,
Is it any good for the blues?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Anyone know why they call them "G400's" instead of "SG's"? I mean, they call them Les Paul in both companies.
Guitar - $400 ( i think)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
id ont think thats it...but who cares. It's a decent guitar (i own one), and love it, the neck is fat, but thats not a surprise on an SG, its greaT For classic rock, and heavy metal, and i get a decent blues tone out of mine.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by MastaBassist10
Anyone know why they call them "G400's" instead of "SG's"? I mean, they call them Les Paul in both companies.

They're called G400's cause Epiphone also makes Deluxe's which are called SG's (ive got one )
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
I have one and it's a pretty good intermediate guitar for classic rock and not bad for blues either. It doesn't do to badly on metal either I suppose. It's a really good buy though. I got mine for £239 uk first hand which to me makes it a really good deal. Great for the price but atm for my metal lacking so if you play some really hard metal it can lack a little but for classic rock it's perfect. My dad scratched the bottom of it like f*** a couple of weeks ago I was guttid.
With a pick-up change, this guitar rocks, even if it doesn't compare to a Gibson.