Page 1 of 2
Anyone know of any songs that only use bass and drums, and no guitar?
The only one I know is Pulling Teeth by Metallica, and I'm looking for some others.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by young_is_god
big bottem by spinal tap! lol

yes, but you need 3 basses. awesome song, though

the bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'...
Quote by Embryodead
Death From Above 1979 even though they suck,.

Death From Above 1979 is amazing
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Rage Against the Machine has great bass and drums, and the guitar i usually just a filler.
well, obviously the awakening is a drum and bass solo.

almost everything by joseph patrick moore is strickly bass, and of course all of a show of hands.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
i think Mustapha Dance by The Clash has a great bass line innit and the bass and drums is the part that sticks out the most. ((the song is a B-Side of rock the casbah, which you may or may not have noticed it has a really good bass line)) But the bass line is fun to play and the guitar can barely really be heard that much
victor wooten's solo stuff is all bass and drums. not his bela fleck stuff tho.
Victor Wooten, Billy Sheehan, some primus stuff...
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by Embryodead

Take it back.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Embryodead

I will break you.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
I thought there was a whole genre dedicated to drum and bass?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
seven nation army by the white stripes. its a guitar playing a bassline so whatever
Like everyone is saying
Death from above 1979... soo good! try: black history month, romantic rights and sexy results
also daft punk has some sweet drum and bass stuff but they also use alot of guitar too... like aerodynamic... basicly the best song ive ever heard (with guitar solo)
abd theres the Gorillaz
Feel good inc. and kids with guns are some sweet sounding ones and theres also starshine form their firts album
if your looking for strictly drum and bass wander into hip hop and the Drum and bass (obviously) genres
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Quote by SRX700
Take it back.

Quote by metalstillsucks
I will break you.

come on guys, the thread is about songs that are strictly bass (and drums)...nobody really cares who thinks who rocks or who sucks, this is the bass forum...I've never heard of these Death From Above 1979 guys/girls but I wouldnt care who liked them or hated them either way...oh and btw metalstillsucks, threatening someone over the internet on a forum?...you sure showed him!

On topic, I'd say look up some solo artist guys such as Victor Wooten (Classical Thump, Me and My Bass Guitar), Jaco Pastorius (Portrait of Tracy, BlackBird), Bill Dickens (Check out his website), and some guys on myspace like Scourge said, try looking for Seth Horan on myspace...Hes a great singer and a monster on his 6 string bass...I dont know much about drum n bass but that is a genre of music so you can look that up if you're interested...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 5, 2006,
I've been into drum and bass since i was 12, and there isn't ONE tune that is ONLY drums and bass, they use a lot of synthesis, rhodes keyboards, samples etc...
someone needs to tell the guy from Death From above that everything above the 12th fret is guitar notes and he should just play guitar instead of being gimmicky as a "Lead Bass Player" all the time.
Quote by SocKo?
victor wooten's solo stuff is all bass and drums. not his bela fleck stuff tho.

actually his first album, no drums at all. just his bass.
i need to get a better signature.
Waiting for my ruca by Sublime is bass and drums.
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

^If I remember correctly, there isn't anything terribly interesting going on in that song.

Threadstarter: It's always fun to pop on a little distortion and play guitar lines on the bass. Me and my drummer played "96 Hours" by As I Lay Dying. I just learned the guitar line on the bass.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by MaVKeeS
Pea from flea

YES, tht is a mint song. so nice and calm at the start then swearing, but keepin the calm level. FLEA rocks, haha brilliant
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Defenitaly death from above 1979.
I think they make really good music for just two guys.
Also, some jazz is bass and drums, but has a sax or trumpet soloing overtop.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by goest
n.i.b....i usually just tune the guitar out (if any)

For sure NIB....and most other sabbath songs...
anything from marc wallace
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Page 1 of 2