ok so here's the deal, i already have a descent guitar (dean hardtail), for the likes of blues and hard rock its great, but it doesnt satisfy me when it comes to metal. so im looking for a relatively cheap guitar around £200 as a means of getting the metal tone i want. I was looking at a few guitars at my local shop, and one that stood out at a good price was the JS30KV King V, though i was wondering if id be better going for an LTD? I'm looking for a classic metal sound e.g. metallica, and maybe the likes of bullet for my valentine, so if anyone could come up with any suggestions they'd be much appreciated
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
The JS30 series aren't bad budget guitars, but they are nothing spectatular. I would probably suggest that over the low end LTD.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
arent the low end LTD's made of agathis?....i would go for the Jackson for sure
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Save up for a Pre 2006 KVX10D. The Stringthrough one.

Infact 200 pounds is probably enough for one. Great guitar.
Last edited by Sn^ke at Jul 3, 2006,
200 pounds is enough for a RG-321 and a pickup upgrade.

What's your current amp?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
jackson randy rhoads.

rr1t.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Quote by Sn^ke
Save up for a Pre 2006 KVX10D. The Stringthrough one.

Infact 200 pounds is probably enough for one. Great guitar.

Yeah, this guy is right. Get the kvx10d.
Low end LTDs are indeed mostly made of agathis, CRAP wood so thats a no-no.. If you're going for an LTD get a -400 series or up..

The only low end Jackson Ive played is the one they have at my school and I HATE it with a passion.. but that obviously doesnt say anything..

A low end Ibanez is probably you're best bet I think.. but remember to try em all out!
The new Jackson DK2M- its got a Duncan TB-4 and SH-2.

5th Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM Apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
jackson has really upped their guitars duncans and EMG actives in alot of them now, so even me an ESP guy says jackson