Page 1 of 3
hi folks.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to collaborate with other users from this forum and make some wicked songs!

anyone interested? I've been thinking about this for a while now because I think most of the regulars here don't have a band and this would be a good way to make some interesting (or not) music...

post your thoughts!

Active members:

sponj
DorkusMalorkus
The Mofaster
public_witness.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Last edited by sponj at Jul 14, 2006,
I could take the recorded tracks and mix them together and do some editing with adobe audition if you want.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Audition is really good. You should. We all could make our own mix actually. But yeah, whoever wants to mix them, should be able to.

Sponj, you know my stance on the subject.
yeah that would be good, I have audition too so we could all share the .ses files.

can someone say what instruments are willing, or can play?
wish i could lend i hand, but most everything i own i boxed up and i haven't recorded in years. great idea though, can't wait to hear the final product.
It'll be hard to find someone to play drums and someone to sing.

I can play keys, guitar and bass.
i play mainly blues guitar, but I'll mix anything.

btw: i sing, but not like metal and not amazing good either :/
does anyone have any cool ideas for a riff or just some chord progression tunning etc? I'm pretty dry but I think I could work on something if you gave me a starting point
Quote by sponj
It'll be hard to find someone to play drums and someone to sing.

I can play keys, guitar and bass.

If necessary, a drum machine could be used.

Also, my keyboard has a percussion setting, I used to and recorded each drum and then made drum loops. It is very time consuming though.

Pick a key first (not that we have to stick to it).
yes my keys have that too but fruty loops would be more eficient.
you pick a key ^^ make it interesting
Yeah. I don't have Fruity Loops, nor do I know how to work it.

How do you make a Key interesting?

Why not something easy like D or something?
I'm just setting myself up some recording stuff (gasp, it's bloody exspensive)

So yeah, I'd be willing to contribute too. I try my hand at most instruments.
Abe can you drum? You can't make the actuall key interesting ( i think) but you can make a cool chord progression or key change! aren't you like awesome at music theory dorkusmalorkus?
Hey if you dont mind im willing to get in this little shindig here.

im willing to play keyboards, guitar, and bass. (although im not too sure how im gonna record bass parts)

but yea... I want in.
well I have a Fostex MR8HD 8-Track Digital Recorder to record with, but I have only used it for guitar and synthesizer work, never tried it on bass (nor do I own a bass).

I also have Reason 3.0 if that's of ANY help.
welcome aboard the mofaster! i don't have a bass either but can get one easilly. I record my stuff through a ****ty mic and adobe audition.. ahah i rock
my neighbor has some type of 1970's Fender that's stayed in his basement the last two decades so i could use that if we really really needed bass
So how are we gonna do this? Have on person make a track with guitar or whatever, and have people play things on top of that? how is it all going to go down?

I think that we should set a direction for the first track. I keep thinking riffs that remind me of Animal Collective. I can record them, but they aren't developed very well at all. Also my recording computer just busted on me. So you'll have to wait a couple of hours before I can do anything.
That sounds like a good idea. I can make some funny noises...
Quote by sponj
welcome aboard the mofaster! i don't have a bass either but can get one easilly. I record my stuff through a ****ty mic and adobe audition.. ahah i rock

Thank You Sir it will be a pleasure working with you.

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
So how are we gonna do this? Have on person make a track with guitar or whatever, and have people play things on top of that? how is it all going to go down?

my guess is that we should all contribute on guitar... you know just bounce off ideas and such, drums im not too sure, drum machine? bass if i can manage to get one I can record with that, And anyone that knows other instruments can toss those in there too.
Apple GarageBand anybody?
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
My old keyplayer used to use it for his keys midi, I though it had ****ty tone. I supose you're saying that we should use it to record
I can play and record drums (been playing for 3 years) if need be... but I'm leaving for a 3-week long trip to Turkey tommarow, so sorry guys, this sounds really f'in awesome too... If you can just use a drum machine 'till then and wanna wait , but I'm also sure that someone else must play drums here, 'its a damn shame that I'm leaving, this is something that I would of definitely wanted to do
I think we can all wait... aren't you a good songwriter as well? we need some lyrics too... where thinking on making a cover first
hahahaha yea #1Synth is a good songwriter from what I can remember. And yes we can sure wait for him.

Hey if you guys want I can help with some editing, im pretty sure my neighbor still has his Pro Tools software. I never bothered asking for it since I didn't feel the need to but umm if you guys want I can get that now.
I could definitely write some lyrics, I'm probably much better of a songwriter than an actual musician .

Oh, and just a simple question, what kind of band is this? I figured it was alternative based on the forum, but you never know.
yeah we've been leaning to and early 90's indie sound.. I'm thinking of something experimental as well, I love the idea of Animal Collective like riffs
So as far as lyrics flow goes we're kinda aiming for a mixture of like Pixies, , Stone Roses, Pavement, and maybe some more experimental stuff in Animal Collective, Mew, (I just added mew because I love them), and Architecture in Helsinki?

I just realized that if we're going the experimental route (which I love) we need a female vocalist of some sort, just something to keep our eyes peeled for...
Page 1 of 3