ok, heres the thing, ive had some issues with my "upgrading to" gear, and im almost set on it. i wus gonna get the peavey 6505 stack but have decided on the combo for versatility. the only thing now is the matter of my axe... i had planned on getting a schecter hellraiser, but now everybody is sayting that it has a "slow neck". now not having one to compare to kinda confused me. i want a real good guitar cuz this one will have to last me prolly close to 5 years unless i win the lottery or sumthin. so i would like a "higher end" guitar, but i still have no idea what to get. i play a lot of heavy metal, hardcore/metalcore junk. i would of course like to keep it as cheap as possible, but for high end im looking for under 1300 bucks. no way in hell will i get a fender, but i was possibly lookin at a SG. now i always had the impression that gibsons, fenders, epiphones, and all that stuff was generally for a more cleaner and brighter tone than what i play. the hellraiser has some sweet emgs, but with this now apparent "slow neck" problem, i am completely left in the dirt. so wtf should i do?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Theres a hell of a lot of bullsh*t attitude in these forums...hey, man check out some ESP guitars...the F series is pretty cool, and they've got some other unique styles
dwell not over dying, for it shall be the last thing you ever do.
*fur555dnm666*
^yeah tell me about it...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
so again i get nobody's response thats helpfull....
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
If you're worried about a slow neck, look into a higher end Ibanez, they make great necks that are very fast. You shouldn't be worried if everyone else says it's fast, if you like it, buy it.

Here is a good Ibanez with a fast neck: RGT5EX
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I'm looking for the same thing, except mine has to do rock too
Look at the ESP Ltd EC-1000 with duncans. I played the vintage black version today and I really liked it! Too bad the looks aren't my thing + it's more of a metal guitar...
Any ESP Ltd deluxe would be good for you.
Body shape preference?

Trem or no trem?

Body wood preference?

Fixed bridge or TOM?

Any brand preference?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
The schecter c1 hellraiser IS a high end guitar.
Its got EMG's, Grovers and an original floyd rose...Awesome inlays, awesome top, I dont remember if its got binding or not, but if it does. Its proboaly incredible binding too.
If anyone but schecter made that guitar you'd probobaly pay 2-3x more for it.
If it said "Gibson" on the headstock, It'd be like 5000 dollars. But it'd be a gibson.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
If you want a trem, the RG1570 is a great guitar.. But we need more info on what type of guitar you want... See PunishedOne's post
Save a bit more and get the LTD Alexi-600. $1499.

Either that or the Schecter Hellraiser FR. $800

Ibanez RG1570. $800

Jackson Pro Series RR3. $800

Jackson Pro Series KE3. $1000

Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky. $1000

Jackson Pro Series SL3 Soloist. $1050
Why don't you go into the store and play them yourself.. it's truly the best way to find a guitar that's for you.. I woudn't buy a guitar just because someone else says it's a decent guitar.. They are just offering suggestions.. you are the person who has to sit with the guitar for the next 5 years.. not some snotty brat on U-G forums. Just my advice but I advise that you take it into consideration.. no other way to truly find the guitar that is right for YOU.
^^ probably the coolest guy on UG^^
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
and now the threadstarter has suddenly lost his voice...

Complaining about the fact there's nobody answering his questions the first 5 minutes, yeah that's easy, but saying thanks when 7 people are trying to help him that's too much to ask apparently.

And StevieRamone : wtf was that all about? are you trying to raise your amount of posts or something?