alright, on my SG i have no trouble palm muting, it works perfectly and easily and everything, and i realize that palm muting on a strat is very hard, and you have to put your hand way down by the bridge to get a decent palm mute sound. Are the Ibanez's with floating bridges as hard to palm mute as on a strat? Or is the bridge up closer to the pickups more. (and yes i realize a strat is not the ideal metal palmmutable guitar)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I palm fine on my strat, in fact, the difference of where I place my hand gives me a totally different sound, I like the versatility
dwell not over dying, for it shall be the last thing you ever do.
*fur555dnm666*
yeah...well when i say hard i mean i can do it, i just find it really awkward...on my SG i jsut have to move my hand like an inch and then voila my hand is sitting next to the bridge...but on a strat the bridge is so much farther down, i find it awkward. Maybe if i was sitting down it would be easier.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

yeah there is a difference between palmmuting on a guitar with tone pros-style hardtail bridge and fender-style floating (or tele-style hardtail) bridge...
you just have to adapt to it, that's the way it is.
and yeah, the ibanez floating bridges will feel more or less the same as a strat