By my reckoning it's as god a time as any to bring up a thread on Gomez. http://www.gomez.co.uk/index.shtml

Basically, this is because their new album completely and totally shocked me. It's really very good. It's better than quite a lot of their older material, there's some songs on their that have the standout track quality like Whippin Picadilly and Shot Shot, but some that seem to be there to make up the numbers.

Nevertheless, most of the songs are really catchy and it's the best album I've bought this year, almost comparible to Bring It On in my eyes. Girlshapedlovedrug, Tear Your Love Apart, How We Operate and Hamoa Beach are all great.

Whats anyone else think of Gomez??
I think I'm going to see them at Paredes de Coura ^^
haven't checked to much into them but How We Operate is cool
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I listened to how we operate.
I havent heard much of them before.
It sounded indian and almost soundtrack-like at the beginning, then it shifted into a heavier chorus, and it sounded really good.
I'm going to look into them more.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
^Glad to see people in the US know who they are, they're so criminally underrated over here.
Quote by Abe
^Glad to see people in the US know who they are, they're so criminally underrated over here.

I'm Canadian.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Yeah i like 'em, i have bring it on and its a decent enough album, whippin picadilly is my favourite.
I just bought Liquid Skin. sounds good so far, interesting mix of styles
Quote by alex_haeni
I'm Canadian.

Sorry, I'm no Geographer

^Liquid Skin's good, I think I rate it alongside their b-sides album Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline (what a title) as my least favourite, but it's definately 'least favourite' rather than 'most hated'. Oddly enough, I was told it was their biggest selling and most popular record. Anyway, We Haven't Turned Around has to be my favourite track off of their. Still a good record but I found the difference in styles got a bit tiring after the first few songs (mind you, the first three songs are great).
They've changed a lot from Liquid Skin to their new album no? The album is good but nothing I'd listen to very often.
Yeah their new album has to be the most different, easily. It's a lot more mainstream, but I think they've made a really good 'pop' album to be honest. If it makes any sense, the newest albums a bit more rocky as well. It seems a bit more stripped back, without all the swirlyness and extra instumentation, even though they still make use of a banjo and a ukelele.
Tijuana lady is one of my top favorite 5 songs.
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote:

WELL IF U MEAN BY B OPEN MINDED LIKEING SHIT .....NO THANK YOU
I have Bring It On and it's good. Gomez are far from my favorite band but "Tijuana Lady", "Love is Better Than a Warm Trombone", and "Whippin' Picadilly" are class.
Necrobump. I've been listening to How We Operate quite frequently.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.