hey all,

I just got a new Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 so this is my first solo with the wah pedal. Keep in mind that I don't have complete accuracy with the pedal I just started tinkering with it, and probably don't have a good tone for the wah, but oh well, tell me what I can improve on!

www.myspace.com/nickmillermi (Wah Solo)
FIJI
Wow sounds pretty good for a first time.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
uber. no crits for lead.
backing is bland without drums and the rythm guitar is a little generic.

but as its just a mess about on the wah pedal i guess its fine!.

lead from middle to the end sounds messy to me
it's not bad. a little messy and would sound a lot better with drums. needs a little work, but not a whole lot
Quote by guitar creature
it's not bad. a little messy and would sound a lot better with drums. needs a little work, but not a whole lot

I dont know how to make those midi drums though.
FIJI
mint!!

I had a go on my friends pedal once- I sounded ****!
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
instead of just depressing the pedal on every beat try messing around with different rhythms.. its hard at first to seperate what your foot is doing with what your hands and the beat are doing but in the end it comes out much more melodic and interesting.. listen to the way hendrix or kirk hammet does it.. i know this is your first time with the wah so im just trying to give you some pointers

your playing is excellent, though a little sloppy in some parts... you have some sick chops though

could you crit please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386506
Nice riffs in the beggining , the wah solo started very good and promissing but in the end it got a little sloppy , not that I am an expert , but it could get better ..
To sum up ,the idea was great and you should keep up the good work ..

I would appreciated it if you took a look at my song and posted your comment on it.
thank you . : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385258
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
i don't now that much about wah wah pedal but i like the solo anyways. cool riff your making me wont to go buy a wah wah pedal man but dame I'm broke$$$$
Quote by ShizNick
haha after i bought mine im broke now too, it cost me about $80...

lol you shouldnt have bought a plain wah wah pedal for $80 , u got ripped off . i bought a digitech rp-100 , multi pedal with wah and whammy and all sort of sh** in it . and it cost me 120 euro , approximatelly $110 .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
lol you shouldnt have bought a plain wah wah pedal for $80 , u got ripped off . i bought a digitech rp-100 , multi pedal with wah and whammy and all sort of sh** in it . and it cost me 120 euro , approximatelly $110 .

it's the same price at all the guitar stores around me.
Yeah you were messy in some places but overall not bad, the riff is kickass. you are alot better than me, i wanna buy a wah pedal after hearing it to, makes distortion pedals sound like **** compared to that.
wow...thats pretty killer...you started off too fast though. take it easy in the beginning to catch the audiences attention, then rip their faces off.
i wish i could do that.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Its a sloppy mess. Slow down and take it one note at a time. Just, use the wah differently, dont just solo a bunch and move it up and down, try to get some sort of rhythym going.

Maybe its just not to my preference. *shrugs*

Just keep working at it, and slow down, you dont have to play a gazillion notes every beat.
Try to use speed runs as a way to get to a higher note, and hit the note with all your might, and bend it vibrato it whatever if you want to sound.. well, for lack of a better word.. "hardcore."

If I came off as an ass, sorry.

Just trying to help.
BOLD.
You should concentrate in your general playing on playing in time rather than trying to play so fast. It's good technically, apart from the timing.

Also, as someone said, you ought to use the wah more emotively instead of just depressing it every beat. It'll come with experience, but listen to the two different tones you get when you've got it fully on and when you've got it fully off, and try switching between those two tones during any notes you hold or let ring out. Try using it to make your solos "speak".

It's pretty good though. Nice job on the distortion recording!
it wasnt bad, a little fast and off beat at points but you have the skill if you just polish it up a bit.
for drums try downloading the free trial version of acoustica beatcraft

check out mine if you have the time: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380262
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat