ok, now im gonna tell you right now before you even read this that more than likely you will read it and either post ****, or just do nothing, so ****ing help me out damint! and if u do read this dont post "oh u already have like 90 threads of this", well if somebody would ****ing answer me i wouldnt. so there

i need a new guitar, everybody says that the one i want (schecter c-1 hellraiserr) isnt a good one, ok. so while i choose whether or not to believe that i say to myself i want something more high end, and the situation of gibosn sg arose. i thought that generally for a more brighter and clean sound than the heavy metal/hardcore stuff i play. im gettin a peavey 6505 combo, but would the sg be a good axe. i would really love to get the emg's in the schecter but would the sg really make all that of a difference?

p.s. more than likely im just talkin to myself cuz nobody will post. so yeah, call me a schitzo
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Maybe get the SG, and get EMG's for it later?
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
i considered that, but i would have no idea what kind to get and how to install them. so id have to get them put in at a shop, which the closest thing to a guitar shop around here is target.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
The Schecter sounds like a fine guitar to me
I hate the way Gibson SGs play (but I love how they sound for some reason)
Gibson just came out with a new line of guitars with EMG's in them. You can get the flying v, exploror, les paul, or sg.
well dude, the hellraiser is a badass guitar..and a cheap one (for all the crap thats loaded in it) it has EMGs in it.

umm...im not a fan of SGs so thats bias (or any gibson)...um LTD has a 24 fret version with stock EMGs or Seymour duncans.
cheack the ESP & Schecter sites

www.Schecterguitars.com (i think thats right)
www.espguitars.com

those are some really good guitars

i mean i got a Schecter Blackjack...which now is almost the same as the hellraiser ( i put EMGs in it) but with a different paint and binding and fret markings......
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Dude, the number of harcore bands that use SGs aren't even countable. The SG will do fine. If you really must have EMG's thenget them later. SGs are just good for rock no matter how you play it. Now for downtuning more than Drop D down half a step Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb I don't know how well it would work. You could try it though.
IMO, Gibsons are overrated hunks of ****. They come off a factory line and just arn't as great as they used to be. But then again it all depends on what kind of music you play. If you play heavy metal, go with the schecter, you'll be able to just rip it up with those EMG's and the fast neck. The SG is more for like... classic rock. Go with the Hellraiser dude.
~To live is to die~
see, thats where i get all confused. i was all set on getting the hellraiser and emg's, now for sum reason im thinkin on an sg, but they look rediculous and have really faggish colors. im not worried about the "slow neck" problem that everybody keeps tellin me about, cuz the neck has nothing to do with how fast your fingers move.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Quote by Nirvana101
IMO, Gibsons are overrated hunks of ****. They come off a factory line and just arn't as great as they used to be. But then again it all depends on what kind of music you play. If you play heavy metal, go with the schecter, you'll be able to just rip it up with those EMG's and the fast neck. The SG is more for like... classic rock. Go with the Hellraiser dude.

that was the whole basis of my logic ever since i started playing, but for some reason, ever since i saw that damn still remains video- the worst is yet to come, ive just been completely mindstruck and dumbfounded about gibsons, even though i would never even consider one!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
well i find thinner necks are faster......^^^ get an LTD SG there kickass...24 frets thinner neck EMGs CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better colors

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i do like the esp's, but for some reason im just not as attracted to them as the schecters. i do like the ltd-viper (sg body), the only one i would get would be the viper-400 in black. all of their other colors have almost like a matte finish to them, and the hardware is always the same color as the body.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Jul 2, 2006,
why not try both out?...makes sense, or if ya cant...go for the schecter, cheaper, ive only tried the 7 string hellraiser, and its pretty heavy. plus...do you really wanna hold the neck up all the time on a SG?...
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
ugh, god damanamanit. its happened again, sg is out, but now i gotta choose from the schecter and the esp. only difference now though is that there pretty much the same, i just gotta picka body that will suit me. i like the outline ont he black cherry hellraiser, but the body is pretty much the exact same as the black omen6 i have now, which is why i stay away from the black. but the black on the esp looks absolutly spectacular! i guess i should just stop bein a pussy and pick one eh?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Jul 2, 2006,
Quote by shadowsoldier08
i do like the esp's, but for some reason im just not as attracted to them as the schecters. i do like the ltd-viper (sg body), the only one i would get would be the viper-400 in black. all of their other colors have almost like a matte finish to them, and the hardware is always the same color as the body.

yeah the viper 400 is a kickass guitar..i mean i dont even like the SG body..but that guitar plays superfast....faster then som ibanezs ive tried....well get the scheter, there really good guitars....and still WAY cheaper then a Gibson.....

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
yep true dat
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Quote by shadowsoldier08
ugh, god damanamanit. its happened again, sg is out, but now i gotta choose from the schecter and the esp. only difference now though is that there pretty much the same, i just gotta picka body that will suit me. i like the outline ont he black cherry hellraiser, but the body is pretty much the exact same as the black omen6 i have now, which is why i stay away from the black. but the black on the esp looks absolutly spectacular! i guess i should just stop bein a pussy and pick one eh?

the omen has different stock stuff...neck joint, pups, tuners, binding

well get the SG if you like and have the money..im just saying there overpriced and to me feel weird

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
^im not saying that the omen is a bad guitar, im just tryin to get across that half the experience of gettin a new axe is to have one that looks different right?... you dont go to the store to buy the same pair of shoes in a different size than the ones you currently have. and i have never held and sg before so i am blindsighted there...the guy at my guitar center who is in charge of that stuff is grumpy and wont take it down unless i buy it.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Try the ESP and the Schecter out if possible. Both are great guitars, so either way you win. It just comes down to which you like the feel of better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well...try any guitar b4 you buy it..more than once...for like a half an hour or more....remember its like a car..you give it a test run b 4 you buy it.....

well.....looks isnt always everything...i got a basic looking guitar.....but i like it...it plays nice...i mean yeah try out diff shapes...a V or a RR by jackson or an explorer......

well PM if you want me to help you more man..i got a band pratice right now....

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
well thx for all yall's help, even though i still got a little tuffy of a desicion to make, its been really worth it.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
There's no sense in agonizing over which one you want without trying them both first. Right now all you know is that they have features you like.

Give them both a good try, then figure out which one you like more.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ya that wouldnt be a problem if the guitar center i go to would only carry some esp's at all, so i'd have to almost take a blind guess...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
WOW, i own an sg.... i play heavy stuff like metallica and nickleback with ease... no problemo...
drop tunings are no problem... and if i hear one more " gibson sucks because i said so.." im gonna flip...esp=crappy knock off with the "holy grail of pups for metal the emg" so WHAT!!!

My gibby SG is a CLASSY lady and does whatever i tell her too.. (not to be mis construed as condesending talk towards women) and i think anyone who rules them out of a guitar search ought to play one first, play one through the set up they plan on using and then make your assumptions... dont bash what you havent tried...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
^You sir, are a fanboy. I award you NO points and may God have mercy on your soul.

The ESP isn't some POS knockoff. It's a completely different guitar. Yes, the shape is similar, but the feel of it is different than the feel of the SG.

As far as "knockoffs" go, you have a Gibson SG Special Faded. Not to burst your ego-trip bubble of Gibson superiority here, but that guitar is insanely mediocre. And nothing but a "knockoff" of a real Gibson SG.

It's beaten spec, and sound-wise up and down by the $300 Washburn WI64. "so WHAT!" The better $300 guitar doesn't have "Gibson" on the headstock, so it must be some crappy knockoff with good features, huh? Coil tapping, Grover 18:1 tuners, the Buzz Feiten Tuning system...yeah. Those are just "holy grail" additions on a cheap Gibson knockoff.

The same goes for that "crappy knock-off" ESP, huh? The fact that it still has a mahogany body, set neck, great pickups, great tuners, and is a solid and well built instrument just doesn't make a difference if it doesn't have the almighty "Gibson" name on the headstock.

I've tried the "classy lady" that is the Gibson SG Faded Special and in my opinion, it is an overpriced beginner guitar that is an insult to true SG's.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by shadowsoldier08
ya that wouldnt be a problem if the guitar center i go to would only carry some esp's at all, so i'd have to almost take a blind guess...

GC doesnt carry ESP....at all...find a little shop or somthing......

well i love the LTDs there such a kickass guitar..they feel great they have slimmer necks then Scehcter but not as thin as an Ibanez....they have nice low action and are rock solid guitars...

schecters ive heard are made in the same factory as LTD but dont quote me on that

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by SGKIDD
WOW, i own an sg.... i play heavy stuff like metallica and nickleback with ease... no problemo...
drop tunings are no problem... and if i hear one more " gibson sucks because i said so.." im gonna flip...esp=crappy knock off with the "holy grail of pups for metal the emg" so WHAT!!!

My gibby SG is a CLASSY lady and does whatever i tell her too.. (not to be mis construed as condesending talk towards women) and i think anyone who rules them out of a guitar search ought to play one first, play one through the set up they plan on using and then make your assumptions... dont bash what you havent tried...

and im not saying dont rule them out...but..there ****ing overpriced as hell..i mean 1000 for the same quality as one thats only 700+....i mean....price wise there crappy guitars

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Schecter any day of the week. I'd take a schector over everything ive ever played short of a jem or a jackson custom. Those are the only guitars Ive ever played I like more than my schecter.
If you've got a tube amp, that schecter is seriously going to sound freaking amazing with EMG's.
Ive got a C1 + with JB and jazz. Im going to change to EMG's in the near future though.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by SGKIDD

me 2. The end
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
uh i got mine for 650.... and it was brandy new.... but yeah i get gibsons are over priced, so when i went to buy it i said "look ill gove you 650 cash for that faded sg" the guy was lik well i want 800 for it, plus it comes with a freee mini acoustic" so i let him keep the acoustci and got it for 650...go to a local guitar shop and haggle... also, i am most certainly not a fan boy.... whatever that is....
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.