Ok, I've been using a distortion pedal a lot lately (Washburn Lyon Distortion pedal...kinda mediocre, but gets the job done), and I've noticed that when I switch back to the overdrive channel from the clean channel+distortion pedal on my amp that it sounds odd. Almost like there's a slight reverb on.

I've checked my effects ten times over and none are on, I've fiddled with my EQ and got it sounding just how I wanted it, then I hooked the pedal back up, played with it on for a bit, then went back to the normal overdrive channel on my amp and the problem was back.

Is this an issue of my ears getting accostomed to the sound of the pedal, and then thinking that the normal overdrive channel sounds odd? Or does it sound like I have a problem with the pedal or overdrive channel?

Also, I got it sounding how I wanted WITHOUT the pedal hooked up. Once I hooked it up it sounded weird again.

And yes, I know my amp is an MG and I've already been told that it's sh*t. Save yourself some time and don't re-inform me of it. Just answer my question without bashing the amp please.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Well, I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but try borrowing another effects pedal or something and see if it does it with that. The only thing I can think of is that the pedal is making the amp run hot for whatever reason. I'm not familiar with the pedal, what's the power rating on it?
omg u have one of those crappy pedals they sell at target for like 60 bucks? dang.

you said in your post that you got the sound you wanted without the pedal... whats the problem then, just dont use the pedal

and let me reinform you, MGs suck
Like the power supply?

If that's what you mean, here's what the power supply cable I use says:

Class 2 Power Supply
Input: 120VAC 60Hz
OutputL 9VDC 600 mA

God I feel like such a pedal n00b right now.

Also, could the problem be cause from me leaving the pedal plugged in all the time?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by thatgu1targuy
omg u have one of those crappy pedals they sell at target for like 60 bucks? dang.

you said in your post that you got the sound you wanted without the pedal... whats the problem then, just dont use the pedal

and let me reinform you, MGs suck

Yes. Yes I do. And yes, it is extremely mediocre. And very fuzzy sounding.

I got it when I was still a complete newbie and didn't know better.

Now I know better.

As for the MG, it does what I need it to, so please, just stick to the subject here.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^sorry for giving you a hard time, but i was in target a few days ago and saw some little kid get one of those pedals... dang they are a ripoff

and like i was saying before, if you get the sound you want without the pedal why do u need it?
I get one kind of distortion from the amp that I use all the time and a different distortion from the pedal that I've been using quite a bit lately. I'll go mess around with the pedal off and see if it fixes the problem.

Also, yes. The pedals are complete ripoffs. I bought mine without any experience with pedals and I bought on the premise of "Well, my Washburn guitar is great, so I bet this Washburn pedal is good too."

Yeah. It was a mistake.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
lol yea they throw a good name on a bad product and people buy it

they had some brand ive never heard of guitar that was basically an epiphone les paul special for like 200 and it said something about "made by Gibson"

they probably have some guy named Gibson thats the janitor in the factory
Yeah, I was just playing without the pedal hooked up and the amp was back to it's normal sound. I don't know what's wrong with the pedal, but it just make the sound so bad while hooked up.

Now...to find out if Target will take this POS pedal back...Probably not, but I might as well try to get my $40 back.

As for the whole name thing, I completely agree. Willy Gibson the Janitor doesn't make quality stuff.

I'm also going to write a review of this pedal as well...make sure other people don't make my mistake.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Yeah, I giggled just thinking that one up.

Anyway, the problem is back. Just, now it's worse. I tuned my guitar, plugged it in and it sounded like normal, so I figured before I write some sh*tty review on this pedal I better be sure that it's causing the problem.

So, I hooked it back up, played on the normal overdrive channel first and it sounded ok (a bit more trebley than normal, but no reverb sound), Then, I switched to the clean channel and turned on the pedal. It also sounded fine. I play with it on for a couple minutes, then turn it back off, unplug, the retune my guitar (I was thinking it may be a tuning issue..) plug it back in and switch on the overdrive channel. Of course, it sounds like sh*t again. So, I take the pedal off again then try the amp again. It still sounds bad.

I don't get how this pedal is making my amp sound so bad just from me having it on for a few minutes. I also can't figure out how it continues to make it sound bad even after it's unplugged from the amp. It sounds fine on the clean channel, but the overdrive channel just sounds like it has reverb on slightly.

Could this be a problem with heat? The room I have the amp in is pretty hot right now-could that be affecting it and making it sound bad?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I guess if it keeps happening my only option would be to take it in and have it looked at...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar