I am going to be replacing all my gold hardware on my Schecter C-1 Classic with chrome hardware for a different look. I am thinking about just removing the gold pickup covers.

Is this possible?

Do I need the Covers?

How would I do this?

Thanks ahead of time
you should just get new pickups, gibson burst buckers would work well, but im pretty sure that schecter c-1 pickups are potted with wax so takeing the covers off would be a pain, but most covers are soldered and screwed on so stop being cheap and just buy new pickups with the finish you want.

but silver hardware looks sweet, i have a schecter omen-6 with burstbucker pros and they sing, and look very good doing it.
Quote by sempri_fi
you should just get new pickups, gibson burst buckers would work well, but im pretty sure that schecter c-1 pickups are potted with wax so takeing the covers off would be a pain, but most covers are soldered and screwed on so stop being cheap and just buy new pickups with the finish you want.

but silver hardware looks sweet, i have a schecter omen-6 with burstbucker pros and they sing, and look very good doing it.

I am not going to replace perfectly good Seymour duncans.
well then its going to be a pain in the ass to un pot them, they are problably in there pretty good, its not impossible its just impractical to take apart a pickup and put it in a new shell, sell the old ones on ebay for a few bucks and BUY pickups with the right finish, some diy pojects just arent worth doing.