Hey guys I got Fender Silver Bullets on my Strat right now, Stock Strings, and I want ot put on ernie balls Hybrid Strings. Changing strings is easy, But how do i tune the instrumental to this gauge of strings??? Thanks, Zallon
youre gonna need to adjust the trous rod. If you dont know how then you need to bring it to a shop cuz you can break your guitars neck if you f*** up.
Move the little plate that the springs in the back cavity are attached to forward or backward (with the screws that hold it into the guitar) until the bridge is parallel with the body.

Then retune (and if you have adjust the spring distance again until its parallel)

providing you didn't do some huge leap in string gauge (.09s to .13s) you don't have to touch your truss rod
how does anyone know, how far the should twist the truss rod, its madness haha. i think everyone just guesses.
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
like said, u may not have to adjust the truss rod, but the bridge will probably lift up a little.
if that happens, tighten the two screws in the back cavity to bring it back down.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Cringles
how does anyone know, how far the should twist the truss rod, its madness haha. i think everyone just guesses.

no they measure the angle, and turn the rod in 1/8" increments over a long period of time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i only have 3 springs in the back of my guitar i dont use that guitar anyway..but..still...ill leave the truss rod stuff for the techs
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
Just try it out first.
They're only hybrids it wont be that much more tension. I went from 9s to 12s and only had to sligtly touch the truss rod.
(But I do have quite a short scale guitar.)
so if i went from say 10's down to 9's, i wouldnt need to touch the truss rod?...(its cause im not sure of the size of string thats on there now, but i want 9's, they may be 9's already, but they seem a little bigger)...so if its just a matter of 1 or 2 sizes i shouldnt have to adjust the truss rod?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
so if i went from say 10's down to 9's, i wouldnt need to touch the truss rod?...(its cause im not sure of the size of string thats on there now, but i want 9's, they may be 9's already, but they seem a little bigger)...so if its just a matter of 1 or 2 sizes i shouldnt have to adjust the truss rod?

usually you won't have anything to worry about.

If you start getting some buzz because of less bow on the neck due to less tension you'd probably need to adjust i
cool. cause i dont like bringing my guitar to shops because im paranoid it will get scratched and beaten up due ot carelessness...but i have never changed my own srings before, but i have to start...and i like 9's, but i think the stock d'darios on my guitar now might be 10's...so im going ot replace them..with earnie ball slinkys
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I've never had to adjust the truss rod. I'll just mess with the claw and the saddles, and that does the trick for me.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
you'd only have to adjust it if you were gonna use 12's-13's or uber heavy string but moving from 9's-10's-11's nothing needs to be done...maybe im wrong, thats what i was told before
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
6 touch like said, if u feel like ur action is too high and u cant get it low enough by adjusting the action at the bridge. or if ur getting buzzing, and u cant get rid of it by adjusting the action at the bridge. then u would measure ur neck angle.

if u need help just repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62