Page 1 of 23
Anyone got love?

Doesn't get much better than Rubber Factory and they just got signed to a new label, so new stuff will be out in September.
God Bless
I have all 3 albums, great band.

They are exactly the sound i love

EDIT: *puts on thickfreakness*

*orgasms pants*

EDIT2: The breaks has to be the funkiest song ever know to man
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Last edited by fronkpies at Jul 3, 2006,
I just got Chulahoma on vinyl and it is bad ass, not to mention there newest album is the ****
God Bless
one of my favorite bands going

I have Thickfreakness, Rubber Factory and Magic Potion

they have a great raw sound, and I love all of Dan's vintage gear
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I have an album called 'The big come up' I think thats what it's called anyway, It's quite rockin'.

I first seen them on a music show on TV and instead of doing a interview they just went out gear shopping in Queensland AUS but they never bought anything 'cos Aus has ****ed prices. Was cool to see them both loving all the crazy gear though. The guitarist spent supposedly like 2 hours just ****ing with this little tape echo thing.

They're cool, I'm gona get rubber factory now since you guys reccomend it.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I have an album called 'The big come up' I think thats what it's called anyway, It's quite rockin'.

I first seen them on a music show on TV and instead of doing a interview they just went out gear shopping in Queensland AUS but they never bought anything 'cos Aus has ****ed prices. Was cool to see them both loving all the crazy gear though. The guitarist spent supposedly like 2 hours just ****ing with this little tape echo thing.

They're cool, I'm gona get rubber factory now since you guys reccomend it.

yeah dude, it's a great album to get off the start, it's my definite favorite
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by KURT4EVER
I just got Chulahoma on vinyl and it is bad ass, not to mention there newest album is the ****

Damn i wish i had Chulahoma on vinyl It's so awesome
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by KURT4EVER

Where the hell did you get it?!?!?!? I am soooo jealous!
any best ****ing band around IMO
Quote by Tate5118
Anyone know when their next album is coming out?

April 1st. Same day they come to LA. Goin to that show BTW
I love them and I'm super excited about their tour with Jay Reatard (who is ****ing amazing) I'll probably be seeing them in San Francisco

BTW^I think that all of their albums are available on vinyl. I know that I've seen Chulahoma and Rubber Factory on vinyl and I have The Big Come Up 12"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
^I'm jealous, that would be an amazing show
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
This thread needs some serious bumping. Has anyone heard anything about what kind of stuffs gonna be on the next album?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Dan is freakin awesome!!! Color me a fanboy. I love it when he breaks out the slide
Has anyone been to the keys' website lately? they have a mii movie and a sample of their new album. It sounds like a big departure from magic potion but still bad ass.
Quote by jmatty88
Has anyone been to the keys' website lately? they have a mii movie and a sample of their new album. It sounds like a big departure from magic potion but still bad ass.

That is badass, I can't wait for this album

edit- do you know what pisses me off, no bands I like ever come to this ****ing city
closest they'll get is Vancouver

03-12-16 Austin, TX - SXSW
03-27 Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
03-28 Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
03-29 San Diego, CA - House of Blues
03-30 Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
04-01 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
04-02 San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
04-04 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
04-05 Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
04-06 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
04-09 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
04-10 Omaha, NE - Slowdown
04-11 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
04-12 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-13 Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue
04-15 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
05-12 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
05-13 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
05-15 New York, NY - Terminal 5
05-16 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore at Theater of Living Arts
05-17 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 15, 2008,
That Harmony that Dan plays is awesome. And Pat is my fave contemporary drummer.

Quote by Carswell98

That is badass, I can't wait for this album

edit- do you know what pisses me off, no bands I like ever come to this ****ing city
closest they'll get is Vancouver

03-12-16 Austin, TX - SXSW
03-27 Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
03-28 Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
03-29 San Diego, CA - House of Blues
03-30 Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
04-01 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
04-02 San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
04-04 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
04-05 Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
04-06 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
04-09 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
04-10 Omaha, NE - Slowdown
04-11 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
04-12 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
04-13 Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue
04-15 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
05-12 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
05-13 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
05-15 New York, NY - Terminal 5
05-16 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore at Theater of Living Arts
05-17 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

Goin to that show
Quote by imgooley
That Harmony that Dan plays is awesome. And Pat is my fave contemporary drummer.

Goin to that show

I'll be there.... in spirit
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

The sole purpose of this post is to bump.

Has anyone heard their new song? Its pretty decent.
Quote by imgooley
The sole purpose of this post is to bump.

Has anyone heard their new song? Its pretty decent.

no, i wasn't aware anything had been released yet

*scurries off to find it*
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
no, i wasn't aware anything had been released yet

*scurries off to find it*

check the myspace
Quote by imgooley
check the myspace

It... its not them

it's different

I'm not liking this

this isn't what their sound is...

fuck you Danger Mouse!

edit-

ok, my mind has stopped exploding now

but I honestly don't like the new song, I really hope the rest of the album isn't different in the same way.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 25, 2008,
The new song is quite weird but I like it. It's certainly got Danger Mouse influence in there with the synthy sounding chorus bits but I still think it's cool..

Sounds more like QOTSA or Eagles of Death Metal than The Black Keys but maybe this song isn't gonna be on the album? I dunno, could just be a song they made screwing around or something. I doubt the whole album will sound like this but even if it does I'd still buy it.
Yeah it lacks a little of their normal grit, but the drumming is awesome, which is why i can forgive the weak riff and odd synthy backdrop on the chorus/
I gave in and picked up a torrent copy of Attack and Release. Don't worry, I will be purchasing the album upon release.

Right now, I listened through it once. I would be lying to say I wasn't let down a bit. If you are looking for a bluesy, riff-heavy album this is not it. In fact, the single Strange Times is closer to most of the stuff we are already used to. It is not a two-piece usual fair we are all accustomed to; no, this album has wood winds, keyboards and even a jazz flute. Also, it is much more polished than anything previously released.

Dan's vocals particularly shine as does Pat's drumming. I wouldn't go as far as calling this album a concept album, but it is indeed a big departure from what we are all used. My closest analogy is Radioheads The Bends to Ok Computer.

Be prepared for a change, and also have an open mind.
^ I did the same, it's alright, I hear the old Black Keys in there, but it's covered in other stuff, most of which I find pointless, the only thing I really hate is the creepy backing vocals on a lot of the tracks, not cool.

The Drumming is exceptional though(as always)
and there is still plenty of slide guitar

"Same Old Thing" has a great groove, and I love that flute in it too

this isn't all bad, but I hope they dial it back slightly in the future
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98

this isn't all bad, but I hope they dial it back slightly in the future

I agree. Upon first listen I was disappointed, but I do know if I never had heard anything from Keys prior I would have thought it was fantastic. I can understand their need to explore and not just play the same old thing though.
Quote by Zanardi
I agree. Upon first listen I was disappointed, but I do know if I never had heard anything from Keys prior I would have thought it was fantastic. I can understand their need to explore and not just play the same old thing though.

yeah, exactly

I just love that sound that was so unique to them
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

It would be great if this album can get more people into their music. Like how Death Cab fpr Cutie released Transatlantism and Plans, both a departure from the bands modus operendi, brought a whole new group of listeners to their music. Maybe Attack and Release can do the same