a distortion pedal thingy? i've heard of it, not sure exactly bout wat it is though
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
an overdrive pedal that actually has a vaccuum tube built into it, so you get REAL tube tone, not just simulated tube tone.

of course, the best pedal in the world can't help a terrible amp, but this pedal is supposedly pretty good on most amps for most types of overdrive.
Great pedal, I own one and love it to death.

Just don't think you'll be able to play heavy metal with it even while it's gain knob is at 10. It's OD, not distortion.
Looking for my India/Django.
it's not meant to be the primary source of distortion/overdrive, but rather to boost an already distorted signal for leads, solos, etc.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Quote by frigginjerk
an overdrive pedal that actually has a vaccuum tube built into it, so you get REAL tube tone, not just simulated tube tone.

of course, the best pedal in the world can't help a terrible amp, but this pedal is supposedly pretty good on most amps for most types of overdrive.

It actually does NOT use tubes.
Quote by greenbox
It actually does NOT use tubes.

nor does it scream at you

but it does kick your amp up a notch (this generally works much better with a tube amp)
Quote by frigginjerk

or you can just use a tube amp

...and the maxon OD-9 wipes its ass with the ts-9
Quote by PunishedOne

according to certain people its this thing: http://www.klon-siberia.com/

but its up to preference overall

Quote by frigginjerk

Theres no tubes in it like allready mentioned, but you can get overdrive pedals that use actual vacuum tubes.
Though its not like they're the holy grail of tone, its all subjective and I personally don't mind some colouring of the tone if it still sounds good (anything changes your tone anyway....)
Quote by frigginjerk

I cant find tubes in any of mine...
Those boutique OD pedals that cost like $500 just make up for what your amp lacks. If you have a descent tube amp there's no need to get such an expensive OD pedal IMO.
Quote by Gutch220
Those boutique OD pedals that cost like $500 just make up for what your amp lacks. If you have a descent tube amp there's no need to get such an expensive OD pedal IMO.

well if you've allready bought a $3000 boutique amp you might as well get the matching pedal
a tubescreamer is an ibanez overdrive pedal. technically a maxon overdrive but sold as ibanez.

an overdrive is a distortion pedal, really. very low gain though, generaly used to give cranked tube amps a little extra push.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Are the Ibanez still made by Maxon? I thought that was only back the 70s/80s?

theres 3 gazillion tubescreamer clones out there anyway (Fulltone Fulldrive is probably the most famous one, but a bunch of those cheapo chinese ones with the plastic enclosures aren't that bad, even the good original type JRC4558 chip there sometimes, durability might not be perfect but if you bother to move it to a different enclosure.... you might get lucky if you know what you're looking at)
Quote by seljer
Are the Ibanez still made by Maxon? I thought that was only back the 70s/80s?

theres 3 gazillion tubescreamer clones out there anyway (Fulltone Fulldrive is probably the most famous one, but a bunch of those cheapo chinese ones with the plastic enclosures aren't that bad, even the good original type JRC4558 chip there sometimes, durability might not be perfect but if you bother to move it to a different enclosure.... you might get lucky if you know what you're looking at)

Until 2002, that's when they split.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I wanted a Maxon, but they ain't sold here so i got myself an Ibanez TS-9 but its fantastic!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah i just ordered a maxon OD-9. its supposed to be like THE tubescreamer of tubescreamers.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
if you want tubescreamer that does actually scream, you can mod it. damn, those things are awesome...

but, i'm happy with my modded blues driver
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I have a reissue TS-808 modded by Analog Mike and it is the ultimate Tube Screamer. But it can't touch my Lovepedal Eterninty. Actually have 5 overdrives on my baord right now, 2 Eternities, the Analogman 808 w/ Brown mod, a Lovepedal COT 50 and a PedalWorx Texas Tour Pro. I also use an Xotic RC Booster which can add OD sound and drive your tubes but I don't really consider it an OD.

Handsdown nothing touchs the Eternities IMO. Haven't tried the Centaur though, I was about to buy that next on my quest for perfect tone but was blown away by the sweetness my first Eterninty provided. So I had a second built but with a double gain pot, this one can hit amp-like distortion almost.

I am an overdrive wh0re.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
i use mine set at the lowest dist with my ds1 set at the lowest dist on my tube amp and it sounds ****ing amazing, so much sustain
Quote by Molsons Golden
Haven't tried the Centaur though, I was about to buy that next on my quest for perfect tone but was blown away by the sweetness my first Eterninty provided.

FWIW, I only thought the clean boost capabilities were really special on that pedal. Anything else it does can be done by pedals costing half as much IMO. Overhyped, overpriced for what it is. I'm not saying it's not a really nice pedal with many good sounds to be had, but all of the comments about it being so incredibly unique and it being the be all, end all OD are just rubbish. I still need to try an Eternity