hey there...
if i wanted to remove all electronics (switch, two hb, four pots) would it be wiser to cut the wires near the pickups? or near the pot? (assuming i'm reusing this stuff)? problem being i don't have soldering equipment. So could i just rejoin the wires old school style with electric tape

also the pots: are the glues to the wood? i couldn't tell, mine seem to have fallen off of whatever was holding them in place. if not, how are the stationary parts of the pot mounted to the guitar?

thanx in advance
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
near the pots, you'll definately need soldering equipment
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
A soldering iron won't bankrupt you.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
howcome? even if i left all connections intact? and i would need a soldering pump and an iron?? it's not the money, it's the fact that my parents won't let me spend it. are iron only one time use? pumps?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Pots are never glued, they should have nuts to mount them through the holes.

Also, you can't just use electrical tape, that would give you the worst possible connection ever. Electrical tape is for insulating only. You'd only need a soldering iron and some solder. The pump is kinda extra.

You also cannot remove everything (pickups etc), without desoldering or clipping wires. Why would you want to remove your electronics (it doesn't sound like you're getting new pickups). Anyway, I recommend against using anything besides soldering for your guitar's electronics connections. You'll get weak, unreliable connections if you do.

I don't even think electrical tape will give you a solid connection...
wait so can i reattch normal connections (not soldered to the pots) with soldering? and its for repainting, i need to make notes of how difficult it is, and what i need before i start.

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I bought a soldering iron, pump, stand, solder, and an extra tip for the iron for only 12 dollars Canadian.
REALLY???12 bux? where from, i'm canadian too

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I highly suggest you buy a soldering iron.
Like said, the pump is extra, but it does prove useful, especially if your new, as you will end up with massive blobs of solder.

That said, the solderng on a guitar does not need to be petty, and the bits your soldering will be pretty far apart, so big blobs are not a problem.

You CAN clip the wires, and use strip connectors to rejoin them, but they can be quite bulky, and are prone to come loose.

I use a strip connector to join the wires that hold my pickguard to my guitar, but other than that I use solder.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
strip connectors? do they make for a buzzing connection? what exactly are they?

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build

That's a top down view. wire goes in one side, you screw it in, and anothewr wire goes in the other side, screw that in too, and the too are connected.

As for buzzing, I don't know, but like GreenBox said, I think soldering is 'better'
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Frenchy Fungus is my new god, move over jesus

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
Frenchy Fungus is my new god, move over jesus

haha...
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
just go out and buy a solder pen without telling your parents. the craps like 7 USD at radioshack. if they complain about your investment tell 'em what the other guy said. you're not going bankrupt. don't forget to buy solder.
If your parents don't want you spending money, then go out and earn more so you can spend the few bucks on an iron.