what is the diffrence between and active and inactive pickup???
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Its active and passive but IIRC an active pickup has a built in preamp and a passive does not
which would would be better for and ESP, a digitech metal master, and a Beringher half stack?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
active is what i prefer

the actice uses less coil windings then a passive but it uses a 9v battery to power it
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by synester_gates
which would would be better for and ESP, a digitech metal master, and a Beringher half stack?

gaah neither, digitech metal masters are horrible!!! And never buy a solid-state half stack. Basically with Behringer, you pay for what you get. Its cheap but inefficient and muddy. Get a decent tube combo and push it to metal using a nice overdrive like a Tubescreamer. It will sound more musical and will impress you. The ESP should get you what you desire for gain. You sound like you want EMG's. Active pickups do not have as many coils of wire as passive and run independently on 9V batteries. They are also piss easy to wire up and install. Get an EMG 85/81 combo.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Gabel
Also actives only "shines" with tube amps.

True dat!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
^And active EMG's are as much as a Roland Cube, wich is alot bette rthena a Behringer.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My friend plays his through a Marshall DSL......... it sounds fine to me........ but I prefer passives like Venom, Xbucker, Miracle Man, SD JB, etc...........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
yeah. i want to try a Nailbomb (BK)

but Metal Zone's > Metal Master
if you feel the need to have a Metal rig, to play Metal music.

\m/ Metal \m/
kay, byebye.
Quote by bluespunkmetal
My friend plays his through a Marshall DSL......... it sounds fine to me........ but I prefer passives like Venom, Xbucker, Miracle Man, SD JB, etc...........

exactly the emg's are being played through a nice tube amp, the general rule with active emg's is to only use them with a reasonably high gain tube amp to gain the best tone possible from them, a behringer SS half stack will sound utter sh*t with them