but i hear they ar wicked and beter than solid states, and my SS is starting to get really weak and old, (my guess is its over 10 years old)...and i just plain old am getting tired of it, i would like to get a new amp, and i think a tube might be better...it woul dhave to be something for a good metal tone, and blues tone..cleans arent that important, i only need like 30 or 40 watts...maybe not even that...just for bedroom practice, and maybe a gig someday

any reccomendations?

and i think i heard someone say you should use distortion pedals?...so...would my Zoom 505II effects thing be bad?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

how much can you spend?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
im not completley sure yet, i was hoping under 500, but for something decent i realize tahts not possible...but maybe i can get 150 bucks for my amp i have right now, and then i would save..assuming i get another job in a few weeks lets say:

around 500-700 canadian (if i could get one for cheaper, tell me about it)...and my options are limited because i cant order of the net. As far as i know, my options are Roland, maybe Laney, Crate, Traynor, and Fender...maybe a few more, but im not positive. (and i dont know what or if any of those i meantioned can be bought as tube amps)

EDIt: and Marshall's..
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

hm, for that much, you cant really get blues and metal in the same package.

you can either get metal from a peavey XXX or 5150 combo. or cleans and blues from something from fender.

you could get metal from a laney also maybe.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

how much is the Peavey you suggested?...and im not positive i can get peavey.../..but there are others, i just dont remember them
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

well i bought a used peavey XXX off ebay and i love it?
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

hey have you considered any of the Marshall AVT models? I have a Marshall AVT100 and its a really good fix if you cant afford a tube amp. I play a lot of metal and the amp does blues very well too. I picked one up used for $500.
well t hen, ill have to shop around for one of those now wont i.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^ eh, imo. the avt's are very life less and overpriced.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

haha well then, i wont have to look into those now wont i...i might just have to stick with my SS for now, that and my 10 watt traynor...i quit my job and as of now i have barely 100 bucks...i desperatly have to find another.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn