hey everyone, tomorrow i'm going to be going to a guitar center and sam ash, they are about an hour away and i don't get to go often so i was looking for some opinions and suggestions. i'll prob just play a lot of stuff then order off the internet, but i may go ahead and buy there.

so i want to play some small tube amps (blues jr, crate palamino, etc.) please suggest other models

and try out some various pedals (OD's to use w/ the new amp, delays, and a chorus) i also really wanna try a big muff and proco rat2....suggestions and opinons on these various pedals would be very helpful

and of course i'll play some various guitars

i play a lot of smashing pumpkins and red hot chili peppers, nothing to heavy
thanks
i don't have a set amount, but i guess about $500 for the amp, and under about $100 for each pedal....but if i save some money in one area i could use it somewhere else
Vox Tube amps are bad dont know any models though. All models i played got some sweet sound.

I dont like seperate pedals. If I was you buy a V-amp 2 or go for PodXT LIVE. Awesome distortion, customizable effects through your computer/internet. Line-In for recording. Its Wicked
Quote by StringsRequired
Vox Tube amps are bad dont know any models though. All models i played got some sweet sound.

I dont like seperate pedals. If I was you buy a V-amp 2 or go for PodXT LIVE. Awesome distortion, customizable effects through your computer/internet. Line-In for recording. Its Wicked

You mean "aren't" bad? I like the idea of the PodXT Live also. I am actually considering getting one this week. What kind of music are you going to be playing through this amp?

are u talking about the hybrid ad series...b/c i already have one, the ad15vt, its not bad...but i'm looking for a better all-tube combo. i'd love to have a vox ac30, but its out of my price range.

What kind of music are you going to be playing through this amp?

as i said i play a lot of smashing pumpkins and RHCPs, along w/ a variety of other music, (weezer, foo fighters, the strokes, taking back sunday, guns n' roses)
Quote by goingcrazy
i don't have a set amount, but i guess about $500 for the amp, and under about $100 for each pedal....but if i save some money in one area i could use it somewhere else

^---
whatever you do, DONT BUY A STOCK RAT2. apparently, they sound extremely bad until they are modded. i have a modded one and it sounds great.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns