i got a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT toady and as soon as i got home i started playing. after about 15 mins of fooling around with the effects and amp models i held out an e chord and about 3 or 4 seconds later the amp stopped working. the master volume was only about a 4 and the power in the back was an 8. theres a low humming noise whenever i turn it on now. i think the valve blew put but i'm not sure because i don't know enough about tubes/valves. however by the back where you can see the valve it smells like burnt plastic or something like that. remember the amp had ony been used 15 mins before that. input is appreciated thanks in advance
Have you checked if your cable is ok?
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
Quote by lobster624
i got a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT toady and as soon as i got home i started playing. after about 15 mins of fooling around with the effects and amp models i held out an e chord and about 3 or 4 seconds later the amp stopped working. the master volume was only about a 4 and the power in the back was an 8. theres a low humming noise whenever i turn it on now. i think the valve blew put but i'm not sure because i don't know enough about tubes/valves. however by the back where you can see the valve it smells like burnt plastic or something like that. remember the amp had ony been used 15 mins before that. input is appreciated thanks in advance

Check your jack and your guitar volume.
i just got my guitar 3 weeks ago its a schecter blackjack theres nothing wrong with it and i got a free monster cable with the amp

and i used the same cable and guitar with my 65 watt peavey bandit, my 15 watt crate, and my 1 watt marshall and they were all fine
Last edited by lobster624 at Jul 2, 2006,
first off all, thats a solid state amp, its only has one preamp tube, so im pretty sure thats not the case. i mean tubes just dont blow out, they pretty much will work even when they are no good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords