http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alvarez-Artist-Series-AD80SSB-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518805

how good is that guitar... im getting a summer job and plan to buy either a new amp or a better acoustic ...thanks

btw: the amp would be this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Blues-Custom-30-Watt-2x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480288
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Jul 2, 2006,
alvarez are buetiful imo...i would reccomend anyone to buy one..but the real way for u to decide is to go out and play it
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
i know but before i can head out to the shop id just like personal experiances
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
well from my one i couldnt have asked for a better guitar for the price really they play great and sound great
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
i've only ever heard great things about alvarez. I've never had the pleasure of playing one... i will soon.

edit: ooo i just noticed that particular alvarez has engelmann spruce... that's supposed to be better then sitka spruce i think. Don't quote me on that... i read it somewhere.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
^ My Alvarez has an Englemann spruce top...it just has a different sound then Sitka, a little brighter. Mostly personal preference mesthinks.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^--- engelmann spruce is actually known for being less bright than sitka spruce. it is generally a more mellow tone. engelmann is less dense and not as strong as sitka. you were right about it just being a personal preference though.
But it is also more expensive, yes? I don't think I've seen engelmann spruce on any cheap guitars other than this, unlike sitka.
Alvarez are a pretty good value. I prefer mine to a Takamine, or one of the cheapest model Taylor/Gibson/Martins (although the high-end Taylors are <3)

I'd say that's a good buy, although I don't love the paintjob =p
i would highly recomend that you get an Alvarez RD8. its about 200 dollars and it sound amazing for the price. they are very well built, and are very durrable.
my friend has an alverez, it has a nice bright and clear sound and i love it. i would buy one if i had money
Quote by Chips-
But it is also more expensive, yes? I don't think I've seen engelmann spruce on any cheap guitars other than this, unlike sitka.

to my knowledge, engelmann isn't a rare kind of spruce so i wouldn't think that it would be any more expensive. if it IS more expensive i'd say the difference is likely negligible as i've never noticed a price difference from guitar to guitar just based on that alone. chris would probably know for sure though since he actually buys planks of tone woods.
Quote by jimtaka
to my knowledge, engelmann isn't a rare kind of spruce so i wouldn't think that it would be any more expensive. if it IS more expensive i'd say the difference is likely negligible as i've never noticed a price difference from guitar to guitar just based on that alone. chris would probably know for sure though since he actually buys planks of tone woods.

stewmac.com sells soundboards and there is a small difference. Master grade sitka spruce top (8-1/2" x 21") is $88.81 and master grade engelmann spruce is $97.60
i'd call that negligible considering the price difference in a whole plank is less than 10 dollars