yeah well i got this head which is 150watts rms and a cab thats 200w rms...that means that i get 75wattts per cab..right? (MArshall avt150hx and marshall avt412) but i read that if yopu get a stereo cab you can get all 150 watts through one cab...but i dont have a stereo cab i have the avt412 200watts 8 ohms. can i rewire it or do something to make it stereo?? can some one tell me how PLZ
i know i only have one cab but how do you make one cab thats mono into stereo?
if it has 2 speakers, just change the jack to a stereo jack. if it's 1 speakers... well, you can't exactly make a stereo cab with only 1 speaker.
dude its a 4 speaker cabinet like a mentioned a 412 or 4x12
ya, you can just wire it up like 2 12s per side....though i wouldnt know exactly how you do that, but im sure its possible.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
ah, yeah, my bad. I didn't read carefully enough.

Yeah, just swap the jack out with a stereo jack. Or get a jackplate that has 2 jacks, and wire each with a mono plug, and each plug to 2 of the 4 speakers.

There was something I didn't understand with your post:

"yeah well i got this head which is 150watts rms and a cab thats 200w rms...that means that i get 75wattts per cab..right?"

If you're running a 150w head on a 200w cab, where do you get 75w from?
An amp outputs in mono, the 150w head on the 200w cab would output 150w... So I don't really understand what you mean.
i got that from a review from musicians friend thats where i got this "yeah well i got this head which is 150watts rms and a cab thats 200w rms...that means that i get 75wattts per cab..right?"

A great intermediate amp
Features: 8
Quality: 9
Value: 9
Overall: 9
TheDude1500 from Shreveport, LA
Experience: I own it
Background: local musician
Style of Music: rock, metal, and anything progressive
Product: Marshall AVT150HX Half Stack
Jun 19, 2006 - Obviously this isn't the amp for a touring guitarist that plays nightly in huge arenas. However, for band practice and bar gigs, this amp is amazing. The tone on the OD channels rock! OD1 sounds like ACDC, OD2 sounds almost like a rectifier tone, really heavy and warm sounding. The clean channel actually sounds really good, I can't speak for the JCM, but as with any Marshall, this one blows any Boogie rectifiers clean tone out of the water.
On the negative side, the effects are OK at best. You can only use one at a time on each channel. And the acoustic channel doesn't really sound like an acoustic guitar. I use a Boss acoustic sim in conjunction with this channel and it sounds real nice.

It's not as loud as an all tube amp but I've heard you can get the Marshall 1960 cab and run it stereo to get the whole 150 watts (instead of the normal 75 with this single input cab). All in all, I would say this amp is definitely worth the money, if it's what you're looking for. As with any amp, play on it first before you buy.
Last edited by SG88 at Jul 3, 2006,
That reviewer got it completely wrong.

It outputs 150w no matter how many speakers you connect to it. It outputs in mono anyways, so if you used a stereo plug, you'd just ground the ring anyways.

If you're running a Marshall AVT150HX through any configuration cab, stereo or mono.
good cause i thought that i paid that much for 75 f-en watts