Has anyone ever done this before? If so, how hard was it? Also, how do you install a locking nut?

I'm thinking about starting a build, but I don't want to bite off more that I can chew. I wanna paint the whole thing + paint the pickguard, change pups, change tuners, put in FR, put in straplocks, and whatever else I can think of. I might as well do something with this guitar before I get bored of it, because I bought a Schecter C-1 classic a few months ago. Anywho, any help is appreciated.
Is it worth it? a decent floyd costs $150 or so.

You have to route out a new body cavity for the bridge. It IS possible to place the locking nut besides the normal nut, otherwise theres mor routing there too.
That's what I was afraid of. I have no idea what a router is. Are you sure there is no way for a FR to fit in my existing trem cavity?
Quote by mikeman
That's what I was afraid of. I have no idea what a router is. Are you sure there is no way for a FR to fit in my existing trem cavity?

No, but Im betting someone you know has a router, borrow it
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by seljer
Is it worth it? a decent floyd costs $150 or so.

You have to route out a new body cavity for the bridge. It IS possible to place the locking nut besides the normal nut, otherwise theres mor routing there too.

Guitarfetish.com has 'em for $60
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
a mount top Floyd Rose (the original ones) would fit perfectly in a squierer, but you can only bend the pitch down with them, i have one on a strat style guitar
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
the real question would be why? its a squier get a mexican strat and mod it, squiers are'nt worth a damn, so im sorry save your money for a better guitar because it will give you a better starting point for any mods you might want.
Quote by axeslinger01
a mount top Floyd Rose (the original ones) would fit perfectly in a squierer, but you can only bend the pitch down with them, i have one on a strat style guitar

You mean like this?

http://www.floydrose.com/original.html

Quote by sempri_fi
the real question would be why? its a squier get a mexican strat and mod it, squiers are'nt worth a damn, so im sorry save your money for a better guitar because it will give you a better starting point for any mods you might want.

Yeah, but by the same token, I don't want to fcuk up a nice guitar. And I have seen some nice squire builds.
Last edited by mikeman at Jul 2, 2006,
No!!1!! I need too!! It's the only thing my other guitar lacks, and I want 2 functional guitars. So there. Consult my sig for further information.
Dude, believe it or not I'm in the exact boat as you. My friend gave me a Floyd Rose Edge Pro for my birthday and I don't know if I want to put it in my strat either but Bro, I found this site where this guy showes step by step how to do the modding. Regardless of what other people say I'm going to do it. You know why? BECAUSE SQUIRES ARE CHEEP AND IF WE MESS UP WE CAN ALWAYS GET A BETTER GUITAR! makes more sense to me them getting an actual fender and doing the modding right?
my strat came in S/S/S formation but I changed it and put a humbucker in the bridge.
It sounds awesome. Well, enough of my rambling! I think we should chat sometime. Hope this site helps bro.

http://www.floydrose.com/loadingstrings.html
http://www.timeelect.com/bbf.htm