hey i'm thinking of buying an ibanez tube screamer and i was wonderin which one did svr use
thanks
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Ts-808.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
and a vintage Ibanez TS808 at that...which apparently has some form of magic mojo in it so it sells for +$400 on ebay (though you can get Analogman to mod you one to vintage specs for less than that)
Yeah, best idea is to get a TS-9 and send it to Analogman.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
or a maxon OD9
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Stevie used two TS-808's onstage at a time, all were modified by Cesar Diaz. Cesar worked with Stevie on many of his pedals besides the Tube Screamers also.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by foghat129
Bought and returned the Ibanez tube screamer, did not like it.

that means nothing, why didnt you like it? not gainy enough? faulty? details please

NOTE: tubescreamer is not meant to be uber metal. just crunch on a clean channel or boosting a marshall (or any amp)
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by Cmogi10
I got an original ts-808 for 100 bucks from my mailman.

man that's cool the only thing i've ever gotten from my mail man is mail
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
The 808 (and all tubescreamers) aren't about crushing you with distorsion, they do add well toned overdrive and on an amp like a Dumble or Bassman, leave you with great tone and raunchy overdriven sounds. Going through a higher gain amp like a marshall gets you thick fat gain.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
me and my mailman are tight, he has an 60's 335 that is absolute sex to play...

he's a cool chap.