Hello,

im looking to buy some straplocks and i want to know what brand i should get.

thanks, Schizoid Man
ive got fenders
seem to do the job
and they werent overly expensive either
The Dimarzio ones are nice and they have clips so you can take the strap off if you want, and lock it back in place when you want to play again.
I've got the Dunlop duel system ones. They get the job done but they clank around and that bothers me. Maybe its just me tho.
Recordings of me and my band in my profile
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
The Dimarzio ones are nice and they have clips so you can take the strap off if you want, and lock it back in place when you want to play again.

I have one of these; terrific straplocks. They outlasted my Schallers and Dunlop set. I'm now buying one for all of my guitars
if you dont mind not taking the strap off, just get a pair of washers for less than a buck, whamo...straplocks
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
i liek the schaller ones, there a little big, but they work and you can take them on and off easy
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
i liek the schaller ones, there a little big, but they work and you can take them on and off easy

But also cost $30 a set
^ would you rather pay 30 dollars or the price of a new guitar?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by AmericanIdiot91
if you dont mind not taking the strap off, just get a pair of washers for less than a buck, whamo...straplocks

absolutely brilliant, after reading your post I went out to the garage, grabbed four washers and put them on my two guitars and dang, I've been wanting straplocks for a while and now I got them for a cost of nothing really and easy work and they actually look decent as well. Brilliant my friend
i still go with the 25 cents to buy a couple of washers...i do that and it works just fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by slugger21
absolutely brilliant, after reading your post I went out to the garage, grabbed four washers and put them on my two guitars and dang, I've been wanting straplocks for a while and now I got them for a cost of nothing really and easy work and they actually look decent as well. Brilliant my friend

My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
how do you put the washers on? i just got them but i dont know how to put them on. HELp! excuse my noobness.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
the only problem with removing the screw to add a washer, is whenever u remove the strap peg screwm u run the risk of enlarging the hole in the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
the only problem with removing the screw to add a washer, is whenever u remove the strap peg screwm u run the risk of enlarging the hole in the guitar.

yeah but dont you have to do that anyways when you put strap locks on?
yea but they come with different screws.

i have real locks, but usually ill use a $2 dunlop disc that slips over the peg, until the peg gets loose.

last pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 2, 2006,
so how do you do it
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
how do you put the washers on? i just got them but i dont know how to put them on. HELp! excuse my noobness.

you unscrew the screw that is in the strap peg and you take out the screw, peg, and little white felt piece. You then take the screw and put the peg back on it (this is all done before inserting it back into the guitar's drilled hole) then you put the washer on the screw, then you put the screw through the strap hole, then the white felt piece on after thet strap. You then put the screw back into the hole with everything in order and screw it back in and walla.
Dude, just get those Jim Dunlop Strap-Lok retainers, they are extremely cheap, and they work really well, they hold it stable and they are easy to install.
I (whatever)-ith the washer idea. You can also use picks (which I've had more success with). Make sure the washers fit the screw though. I used crappy Gibson Medium picks and they work quite well. Fender Heavies would also work well.
i've been using the washer trick for years.
i use a 2.5" long screw in the hole and i've never had to re-tighten.
i spin my guitar around by the strap when i'm feeling saucy.