i sometimes do dive bombs with my floating bridge and it doesnt put it out of tune is it still alright for the bridge itself?
yes,,,If it wasn't good for the bridge, floating tremolo bridges would be nowhere as popular today as if there was some sort of evidence that they were harmful to a guitar.
Floating bridges were made for that kind of stuff, so no...it doesnt damage the bridge.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
na it shouldnt do anything to it just as long as it isnt a crappy floating trem, some of the lisenced ones arnt as strong as the normal ones so they dont stand up as well
My Rig
1. Hand built custom mockingbird with original floyd rose and emg 81-85
2. Epiphone Flying V Goth With Floyd Rose and emg 81-85
3. Thrown together strat body guitar
Effects
Boss Ds-1
Mxr EVH phaser
Zakk Wylde Wah
Amp
Behringer Gm212
but for relatively gentle trem use, would a liscensced trem do well?
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Sometimes when I drive my car it doesn't break down. But is it still OK to drive my car?

Of course that is what it was designed for, right?
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Look, i have a vintage strat style trem, it is made of cheap metal and it's a knockoff, extremely cheap.

I divebomb the hell out of it every day all times, I also lift the whole guitar with the whammy bar into the air above me, shake it like I have epilepsy and my trem still holds well.

Go for it, unless its made of wood.
Have u ever heard a pantera song?? Or even a Van Halen song. Divebombs r the beauty of a floater......go ahead..beat the hell out of it!!
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
^ Except they use Floyd Rose bridges... if you have a crappy trem your guitar will go out of tune as soon as you dive bomb :p