Derek, I must know your opinion!

How bright is the XXX? Is it "Classic Rock" style bright? Or is it somewhere along the lines of Iron Maiden and Anthrax?

I'm considering this for my new amp upgrade, because I have finally been able to write a decent song, and most of the time I'm playing all around the higher strings, and it's very damn similar to Anthrax. So, I'm looking at the XXX now.

Any sound clips would be adored, especially if you can play A.I.R. by Anthrax:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/anthrax/air_tab.htm

PowerTab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/anthrax/air_power_tab.htm
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by PunishedOne
Derek, I must know your opinion!

How bright is the XXX? Is it "Classic Rock" style bright? Or is it somewhere along the lines of Iron Maiden and Anthrax?

I'm considering this for my new amp upgrade, because I have finally been able to write a decent song, and most of the time I'm playing all around the higher strings, and it's very damn similar to Anthrax. So, I'm looking at the XXX now.

Any sound clips would be adored, especially if you can play A.I.R. by Anthrax:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/anthrax/air_tab.htm

PowerTab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/anthrax/air_power_tab.htm

To me, when I played it alongside the 5150, the XXX sounded a lot like a typical Marshall - think hard rock, like AC/DC and Guns n' Roses.

I found the 5150 more suitable for metal, but it was a bit noisy, and I didn't have a chance to crank either one.
there some clips on d music. i cant remember the name though. it was ibanez4life that did the clips.. http://ugclips.dmusic.com
the XXX clips are a bit weak really. WE WANT METAL!
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve

the XXX clips are a bit weak really. WE WANT METAL!

Yeah, they are. I checked them out earlier on today, and they weren't exactly what I was looking for.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
It's like cranking your presence knob up to 11 !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
It's like cranking your presence knob up to 11 !!

Once again, you need to stop posting crap.

After expirimenting today, i found that really, its not that bright. Its bright, but not as much as a powerball or something of that nature.

With the volume channel dimed and the master volume low, its not bright or dark, its right in the middle. With the master all the way up and the channel low, its pretty bright, even with tons of mids, it get that scooped mids sound for the highs, but its still very full, if that makes sense.
it may get bright when its completely cranked though?

thats what my DSL is like. it get really mid and treble based. high mids so it gets really bright when cranked.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I own the XXL, and to be honest, the only difference is that the XXX has brighter cleans (well, duh it's tube) but being that the distortion channels are virtually the same, I can tell you this amp can be used for basically anything. I play anything from Rise Against to Guns N Roses to Slipknot. There are 2 distortion channels: Lead and Ultra (It may be called something different on the XXX) and 3 subchannels on each: Ultra, Modern, Crunch, High Gain, British, Classic. You can mold this thing to basically anything. It's amazing.

I'll make you sound clip tomorrow if you want.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
I own the XXL, and to be honest, the only difference is that the XXX has brighter cleans (well, duh it's tube) but being that the distortion channels are virtually the same, I can tell you this amp can be used for basically anything. I play anything from Rise Against to Guns N Roses to Slipknot. There are 2 distortion channels: Lead and Ultra (It may be called something different on the XXX) and 3 subchannels on each: Ultra, Modern, Crunch, High Gain, British, Classic. You can mold this thing to basically anything. It's amazing.

Owning the XXX, and having a friend who owns the XXL, i can tell you that you know nothing.

The XXL sounds terrible, the cab is a pile of crap as well. You seriously do not know tone if you think it sounds good. The whole thing is soooooooooo thin and sterile. Its terrible. Its a good SS amp, but still it cannot even come close, not at all, not even within miles of the XXX.
i believe the term is pwned.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by TheFluffy
Owning the XXX, and having a friend who owns the XXL, i can tell you that you know nothing.

The XXL sounds terrible, the cab is a pile of crap as well. You seriously do not know tone if you think it sounds good. The whole thing is soooooooooo thin and sterile. Its terrible. Its a good SS amp, but still it cannot even come close, not at all, not even within miles of the XXX.

Did I say I owned the XXL cab?

I know that is crap.

I don't know what your friend did to his settings, but my distortion is orgasmic. I'm completly happy with it.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
^noob. nah i'm happy that you are satified with it.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by TehNez
Did I say I owned the XXL cab?

I know that is crap.

I don't know what your friend did to his settings, but my distortion is orgasmic. I'm completly happy with it.

Yeah, you have a crate cab, that must be teh leet pwnzorz.

Ive gone over the settings, tweaked it, and nothing works. You cannot get a good tone out of it. The EQ is terrible as well, it really doesnt make a hole lot of a difference.

Its good that you like it, but after you hear actual tone, i dont think you will.
Actual tone ??

As in, power amp tube saturation at gain cranked to 11 ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
he referring to the actual tone of a solid state amp.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^Huh ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
READ HIS POST AND THE 2 ABOVE IT. are you drunk or something...
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel